PDA

View Full Version : Viewfirth - Coming Down

Bobinovich
19-Jun-07, 09:14
Well it's a sad day for me as they've started to rip the main building down this morning. Photo's here (http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z98/Bobinovich/Viewfirth%20Being%20Pulled%20Down/)

I'll add more shortly

buggyracer
19-Jun-07, 09:25
it is a shame, and its such a nice building, sad.

Jeemag_USA
19-Jun-07, 12:25
Isn't it a listed building or something , I practically grew u0p in that building :(

Whats going in its place? More ugly flats of hideous architecture like the ones down near Princes St no doubt.

thirsaloon
19-Jun-07, 12:27
Once again another building with an interesting history has gone. You have to hand it to whoever passes judgement on what stays up and what comes down. They dont half know how to get rid of what fine buildings we have.

I went round all the rooms in Viewfirth 2 days before they closed it and to be honest apart from 2 rooms which had some severe rot in the woodwork I couldnt see any major signs of detereation. Certainly the stone work seemed more than stable from what the naked eye could see.

The way things are going Thurso will soon be filled with nothing but shoe box housing packed together, neighbours looking straight into each others windows. Rooms so small that you cant swing a cat flea in never mind the cat! Hope the green field site will not be smothered with housing like what was done at Mansons Lane/ Meadow Lane. Never heard anyone say a good word for them.

With the run down of Dounreay and the county needing to promote itself like Orkney has done and bring tourists in and make them stay a bit longer we certainly need buildings of character in place for them to see, not a pile of rubble!

To quote two tourists who came up here when the cottages in Mansons Lane were being demolished "We travelled all the way from the south of England to visit relations and see a small historic town, what a shame its being demolished in front of our eyes".

mums angels
19-Jun-07, 12:32
Great pics bob ...must be hard for you to see it go :)

think we all have a happy memory or two at the viewfirth :(

thirsaloon
19-Jun-07, 12:43
Afraid not Jeemag. Viewfirth wasnt listed, there is only one property in Duncan Street that is C (s) listed. The Viewfirth was built in 1873 and gets its name from the view it had over the firth. Was built by the Gerry's who had pavement works down at Thurso Harbour.

Gerry Square was built by them to give accomodation for some of their staff. The "barn" at the Viewfirth was the office where you paid for for your order of flagstone. It changed hands a couple of times until Mr. Ironside who was the rector of Miller bought it. After he passed away his wife sold it to the U.K.A.E.A. She then moved into the cottage at the back of it which used to be occupied by Pentland Housing. Thats the basic story of folks!

Ash
19-Jun-07, 12:47
hope dont mind me asking, but why is it being taken down?

Tubthumper
19-Jun-07, 12:52
Once again another building with an interesting history has gone. You have to hand it to whoever passes judgement on what stays up and what comes down. They dont half know how to get rid of what fine buildings we have.

I went round all the rooms in Viewfirth 2 days before they closed it and to be honest apart from 2 rooms which had some severe rot in the woodwork I couldnt see any major signs of detereation. Certainly the stone work seemed more than stable from what the naked eye could see.

The way things are going Thurso will soon be filled with nothing but shoe box housing packed together, neighbours looking straight into each others windows. Rooms so small that you cant swing a cat flea in never mind the cat! Hope the green field site will not be smothered with housing like what was done at Mansons Lane/ Meadow Lane. Never heard anyone say a good word for them.

With the run down of Dounreay and the county needing to promote itself like Orkney has done and bring tourists in and make them stay a bit longer we certainly need buildings of character in place for them to see, not a pile of rubble!

To quote two tourists who came up here when the cottages in Mansons Lane were being demolished "We travelled all the way from the south of England to visit relations and see a small historic town, what a shame its being demolished in front of our eyes".
Manson's Lane was a disgrace. Young folk need houses more than a derelict collapsing pile of rubble that no-one was interested in. How long did the debate about the old brewery go on, and how much business did those moaning tourists bring into our county?
Lucky you, Thirsaloon, that you can afford such oppulent surroundings with spacious rooms, shame about your fleas. Would you rather have young people leave Thurso because of the lack of housing?
I personally don't wish to live in a tourist resort. I would rather have meaningful employment and entertainment for folk of all ages who live here, not Caithness as some kind of tourist-dominated low-paying Brigadoon for rubberneckers, or an unchanging and timeless link to the past for retirees moving from elsewhere.
Instead of gurning about the Viewfirth (which was pretty much deserted latterly - where were all of you when it was going down the pan) why not think about replacing it with a bright modern new community facility that Thurso folk will actually use?
Instead of moaning about the loss of unwanted old dumps, why are you not doing something about developing Caithness's architectural & archaeological heritage. Or are you one of those who doesn't do anything, just whines about how things were always better in the old days...?
Dounreay is going, Viewfirth has gone, stop whining, get over it and get working on a future that people want to take part in.
By the way, the new houses seem to be selling OK so I guess that says something about (a) those poky little houses (b) people's confidence in the Caithness future and (c) Thurso without the Viewfirth.

Tubthumper
19-Jun-07, 13:03
hope dont mind me asking, but why is it being taken down?
Because it was structurally unsound, few people went there so it couldn't function as a social club any more, and no-one with sense or money wanted it for any meaningful purpose.

Ash
19-Jun-07, 13:06
ok thank you, well hopefully it can be developed into something that will be used............

Tubthumper
19-Jun-07, 13:06
Isn't it a listed building or something , I practically grew u0p in that building :(
Must have had a great effect on you, seeing as you left for the colonies.

Whats going in its place? More ugly flats of hideous architecture like the ones down near Princes St no doubt.
...which people who want to stay here in Thurso would like to buy or rent.

Tubthumper
19-Jun-07, 13:47
ok thank you, well hopefully it can be developed into something that will be used............
Sorry, my response sounded a bit brusque. I knew the Viewfirth well and had some great times there, but now I'm more concerned about opportunities for me, you and others to have great times in the future.
I didn't mean to be snappy, Ash.

Ash
19-Jun-07, 14:05
Sorry, my response sounded a bit brusque. I knew the Viewfirth well and had some great times there, but now I'm more concerned about opportunities for me, you and others to have great times in the future.

i didnt think u were being snappy, but thank you:D

buggyracer
19-Jun-07, 14:52
Because it was structurally unsound, few people went there so it couldn't function as a social club any more, and no-one with sense or money wanted it for any meaningful purpose.

are people not aloud to be nostalgic about the nice times they may have had there?

Tubthumper
19-Jun-07, 15:39
are people not aloud to be nostalgic about the nice times they may have had there?

I'm all for nostalgia, but let's not write off the future for the sake of retaining bits of the past that no longer have a function.
I will always remember the Viewfirth for one of my first (and best) experiences of drinking in Caithness, and for many musical evenings spent in good company. However in its latter days it was a poor shadow of its former self; I got sad thinking about better times.
Live the present, remember the past, look forward to a brighter future.

Sporran
19-Jun-07, 17:15
Well it's a sad day for me as they've started to rip the main building down this morning. Photo's here (http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z98/Bobinovich/Viewfirth%20Being%20Pulled%20Down/)

I'll add more shortly

It's a sad day for me too, Bobinovich! Thanks for the link to your photos, and I'm not ashamed to say that they did bring a tear to my eye. :~( Apart from the fact that Viewfirth was a lovely Victorian building, it also held many happy memories for me. When I was a wee girl, I went to my first Christmas party there, when I was 3, in 1958. When I started school at West Public Primary, I would pass Viewfirth on my way to and from there. We lived in the Brownhill Road flats at the time, and sometimes I'd take a shortcut across the Viewfirth Green, instead of starting at the top of Sweyn Road. Many's the time I played in the nearby playground, as well. When I was 14, I started going to teenage discos held in the "Barn", and later became a regular at the Thurso Folk Club, which was also held there. When I was old enough, I'd go to the dances in the big hall.

Nearly 31 years ago, I had my wedding reception in the "Barn", and wedding dance in the big hall, and that is yet another reason that Viewfirth was of sentimental value to me. My husband and I still continued to go there until we left Thurso in 1978. We'd often have Saturday lunch in the "Barn", before going downtown to shop. We still attended the folk club and dances, and my husband also enjoyed playing snooker in Viewfirth's sport's bar, or "bottom bar'' as it was affectionately called.

I do hope that a community centre is built in its place for the benefit of all Thurso folk, and that the Green remains just that - a wide open space for everyone to enjoy!

thirsaloon
19-Jun-07, 19:07
In reply to your post Tubthumper, Mansons Lane which you described as a disgrace and I presume by this you’re referring to the cottages they were structurally sound. This was announced at a Thurso Community Council meeting by those who were working on the redevelopment. However it saved them paperwork to demolish it rather than renovate it, their words, not mine!

Whether you like it or not, those “moaning tourists” plus others do bring money into the county. Be it from accommodation that they stay in - hotels, B & B plus whatever they spend throughout the tourist season in the county all adds up. I would much rather see some revenue coming in from tourism than nothing at all. I’m sure those who run commercial premises that rely on their custom throughout the season would agree or would you rather them do without and go down the pan like the Viewfirth to.

I have no problem with a new community centre being built; it’s just a shame that they couldn’t use what was already there. I don’t see that as a problem. Regarding your statement about “retirees moving from elsewhere” I would imagine that there is already a good percentage of them already here as they came to work at the likes of Dounreay and Vulcan and decided to settle. I’m sure many who use the message board are from such families. And by the way I don’t live in opulent surroundings but at least the rooms are spacious!

Of course I don’t want to see young people leaving Thurso because of a lack of housing but I would say its more because of a lack of employment than housing. I’m all for housing been built within reason. If it is affordable, better still, but at least give them something decent for their money instead of some cramped chicken coup.

You then go on to have a personal attack at me for some reason saying “why are you not doing something about developing Caithness’s architectural & archaeological heritage.” ….. “Or are you one of those who doesn’t do anything”. I am already heavily involved with this kind of work and have been doing so at absolutely no financial gain to myself. Much of which is out of my own pocket and time, therefore I am already doing more than my fare share. I am an active member of several organisations which do what you stated by “developing Caithness’s architectural & archaeological heritage”. Do you? By using what we already and promoting it we may have a chance to help the future. Unless you can come up with any better ideas then i'm sure we are all willing to listen and help if we can.

Oh, and by the way you stated your opinion regarding what you want for the county and what you dont want, perhaps you could share with us what you are actively doing to support your argument to bring "meaningful employement and entertainment for folk of all ages." You never know you may get offers of help.

Sporran
19-Jun-07, 19:46
Does anybody know what will happen to the stones that Viewfirth was built from? Can they be put to good use in the construction of a new building in its place? Or some other local building?

badger
19-Jun-07, 20:15
Until the government (Westminster) does something about the crazy VAT rules old buildings will continue to be demolished instead of being restored. But why oh why do most new houses have to be so ugly? Is it just laziness on the part of developers or ignorance or what? Surely it's not too diffiicult to incorporate a bit of individuality and good design? This is not a Scottish problem as it applies all over GB, even in so-called conservation areas. Why do planners approve these monstrosities?

thirsaloon
19-Jun-07, 20:26
Cant agree with you more badger! A lot of these new houses seem to be thrown up with little thought to the design. Tends to be a case of pack as many people in so as to make as much money as you can. There are some cracking new houses being built but alas they seem to be kept in the shade by the monstrosities.

saba
19-Jun-07, 21:30
I came out of my house this morning to see the first corner being torn down. I must admit I stopped to reflect on happy memories there.

The Pepsi Challenge
20-Jun-07, 21:16
The closure, destruction and removal of the Viewfirth is (was) not a positive thing. I, too, am all for good, affordable housing, harmonious community relations, and creative, supported entertainment. These things can be added and improved upon; but to remove what is already there (loved, though not supported) is a sad thing indeed. I tried to support the Viewforth whenever I could, it's just a shame not enough other bods did.

VIEWFIRTH RIP

Great memories...

-whitewall-
21-Jun-07, 21:46
I used to go there a lot aswell but its about time it was pulled. Looks horrible, reeked inside and that space can be put to better use, but yeh very happy memories of nights in there.:~(

Tubthumper
21-Jun-07, 23:32
Apologies for my tardiness in replying Thirsaloon. Family circumstances meant my eye was off the ball

Mansons Lane which you described as a disgrace and I presume by this you’re referring to the cottages they were structurally sound...
I was referring to the whole Manson’s Lane/Meadow Lane ‘complex'. The cottages may well have been ‘structurally sound’ but what about the old brewery building? Had those tourists arrived before demolition started, would they have admired the fine Victorian rusty corrugated iron roof? Maybe they’d like to go and see the fine examples of architectural beauty at the top of the town’s square…
I agree with you on the cottages; why were they not saved? However, if they'll (a) cost a packet to renovate and (b) might prove to have very small rooms, incapable of accommodating cat fleas…well maybe I wouldn’t bother either.
What about the surrounding architecture? Dunnets garage, Co-op/car-park and Legion are hardly examples of Victorian splendour, yet are essential parts of our community.
I don’t think those blocks of houses will look too bad once finished, they probably won’t look any odder than the block round the corner that contains Nobles florists.

..those “moaning tourists” plus others do bring money into the county...I would much rather see some revenue coming in from tourism than nothing at all. I’m sure those who run commercial premises that rely on their custom throughout the season would agree or would you rather them do without and go down the pan like the Viewfirth to.
Those tourists must have been pretty strapped for visual stimulation if the main thing they noticed was building work going on. Does that say something about the lack of things for tourists to do in Thurso? Maybe we could give tours of the Dounreay Decommissioning process – turn it into a sort of demolition theme park.
Yes they bring in cash. Yes it’s all valuable to the community. But does reliance on tourism bring a preponderance of low-skilled, low-paid and seasonal work? Yes. Do we wish to be dependent on that? No. I have no problem with tourists; I just don’t wish my life to be dominated by catering for them.
I often wonder why Orkney and Caithness have such differing approaches to tourism; after all, from Neolithic through bronze-age to Viking times, anything happening over there must have been happening over here. So where’s our Skara Brae? Where’s our Bishop’s palace? What about establishing a ‘Halkirk Burn-the-Bishop Trail’ or creating the myth of ‘Wattie the Loch Watten Monster’? We have some nice things and places here but we lack (a) big lumpy scenery (b) theme parks, elephants and lions (c) A thriving arts scene and (d) mystical over-the-sea experiences to get here. So what do we need to do to get more tourist cash? I have no idea, yet I see many skilled and enthusiastic people like yourself in our community, who DO know about such things and ARE interested – so why are we still lacking? You need the support of people who have imagination, money and marketing expertise, and I wish you good luck in the endeavour. I’ll even chip in what I can to make it work.

..Regarding your statement about “retirees moving from elsewhere” I would imagine that there is already a good percentage of them already here as they came to work at the likes of Dounreay and Vulcan and decided to settle. I’m sure many who use the message board are from such families.
I intended no offence. You should have quoted ‘or an unchanging and timeless link to the past for retirees moving from elsewhere’ which kind of changes the context. I don’t desire an overnight move to an Ibiza-like environment, but I fear one where community evolution is slowed by an overwhelming influence of ex-salaried people from here or wherever. That doesn’t mean that retired people = unchanging. However, what is the reason for people moving here? Peace & tranquillity? The unspoilt view? Significant industrial activity? Nuclear power on the doorstep?
You may have noticed that I too have fond memories of the Viewfirth. It’s a symbol of a very decent past. But if it has no function, no-one wants to use it, no-one wants to pay for it… Then I think it needed to go. We need a symbol of the future, built sympathetically, using the Viewfirth’s stones where possible, but one that will be used.

And by the way I don’t live in opulent surroundings but at least the rooms are spacious!
Good, lucky you. Many young people starting out on the property ladder will strive to be in that same position one day.

... but I would say its more because of a lack of employment than housing... at least give them something decent for their money instead of some cramped chicken coup.
Maybe if we have a range of housing available, we’ll have people, which may add to the desirability of the area to potential employers/investors. By the way, how can a house be worth £40k in 1997 and £120k in 2007? Is the cost of housing because of greedy sellers? I only ask…

You then go on to have a personal attack at me for some reason saying “why are you not doing something about developing Caithness’s architectural & archaeological heritage.” ….. “Or are you one of those who doesn’t do anything”. I am already heavily involved with this kind of work and have been doing so at absolutely no financial gain to myself. Much of which is out of my own pocket and time, therefore I am already doing more than my fare share. I am an active member of several organisations which do what you stated by “developing Caithness’s architectural & archaeological heritage”. Do you? By using what we already and promoting it we may have a chance to help the future. Unless you can come up with any better ideas then i'm sure we are all willing to listen and help if we can.
Pardon my mistake in guessing that you weren’t doing anything – I assumed that everything worthwhile & historical in Thurso being pulled down equated to nothing happening on the architectural & archaeological front. I’m sad that whatever you’re doing isn’t getting the support & publicity it needs to be successful.
I admire anyone who does stuff, particularly anyone who funds it themselves and I’m positively in love with those who do stuff for no personal gain.
The fair share bit is a fair point; there are far too many whining toe-rags who don’t do anything around here, and I’m glad you and I aren’t included in that.
Me? I continue to do my bit in helping young folk make the best of themselves. At least that’s how I see it. For no personal gain. Because I think it’s the right thing to do.

...regarding what you want for the county and what you dont want, perhaps you could share with us what you are actively doing to support your argument to bring "meaningful employement and entertainment for folk of all ages." You never know you may get offers of help.
I'm not currently doing much on that front I'm afraid, I'm too busy working to keep the roof over the head. Anyway, I don’t have the education, the money or the energy to create, develop and run a business.
The way I see it, over the years via taxes etc. I’ve subsidised a lot of people to go to university and gain significant qualifications: Apparently they are the brightest and best this country has to offer, with the knowledge, skills and money to make things happen.
I’ll wait till they get started here, then I’ll be a good and diligent worker in return for a fair salary and conditions.
And then when I retire, I’ll give you a hand with the architectural & archaeological stuff. Fair?
By the way, sorry about the stroppy tone of my original post. Pals? :)

thirsaloon
22-Jun-07, 16:51
Regarding the Manson’s Lane/ Meadow Lane complex I take your point about what you said about the brewery. Regarding the structure of it all I can say is it was reasonably sound until a large hole appeared in the corner early in the morning which didn’t appear there all by itself, nor did the loose stones which all of a sudden disappeared from the bottom corner facing onto the Legion. The “Victorian” corrugated roof was added in 1963 by men who climbed across the rafters of the roof wearing the typical health and safety headwear of the day – the flat cap! How times have changed!

Some on the planning committee claimed that the brewery was never such however when I offered to show them the paperwork, plans and research notes that I had gathered to prove otherwise they didn’t want to know and therefore made their decision to agree with the demolition on the basis of what information they had.

I know many are delighted to see the building down but if those who give the say on such matters are not willing to look at the whole picture good or bad and only by what information they have been given then how does this affect the county in other cases. This point can also apply to the arguing over footbridge in the mall which was washed away in October 2006 when information regarding its background was offered and never accepted.

At the end of the day many have moaned about the brewery but it’s not the buildings fault. I seem to be the only one right or wrongly points a finger at those who have bought the property over the years knowing its circumstances as a listed building. Any building left to the elements will fall into a poor state if they are not maintained. It the property is listed then you must be aware of the complications and regulations this involves before you invest any money to purchase it. The same applies to the building at Sir John Square.

Blame the owners not the buildings is my opinion!

By the way, with all the bad weather etc that we have suffered I must point out that the 214 year old brewery which was painted as being some monstrosity on the verge of collapsing at any time never moved an inch when other much more modern buildings suffered. I think that’s my brewery rant over with, ha ha ha!

Yes Dunnet’s Garage (built 1994), Co-Op car park (built 1985) which is actually a municipal car park and not owned by the Co-Op and the Legion (built 1966) are by no means examples of Victorian splendour. However to renovate the Gas Works for accommodation was obviously not feasible, nor Millers Calder’s Hall which was destroyed by fire on the 10th May 1958 at 3:15am and as for the Legion, that was built on open ground apart from three trees which stood on the site of where the lounge is. Therefore there was nothing to renovate or really preserve. And I take your point that design wise what we have now is not in keeping with the original surrounding area.

As I mentioned before my point is that it’s a shame that buildings are being demolished to be replaced with others which as some of the other members have pointed out have no character what so ever. When you look at some of the buildings that those restoration programs renovate you have to hand it to them they don’t have scrub up well when thought and effort for funding, conservation etc is put into it.

Regarding the building at the top of the square I totally agree. It is of no real historical importance and with cracks which have formed throughout the structure it’s certainly unnerving for many who walk past it. The block which contains Nobles, Reids etc (built 1978) at least was within keeping to what was previously there with commercial premises below and accommodation above. However now the precinct really needs a face lift as its grown very tired looking and in my opinion there is far too much of this black and gold street furniture.

The tourists who noticed the cottages being demolished were not strapped for visual stimulation it was just a point they were making. I personally don’t think we should just rely on tourism after all its certainly valuable and very imortant but it’s also seasonal. I really think we should take a leaf out of Orkneys book. They have managed to make a huge success out of it and I wouldn’t say the Islands are full of retirees and no I certainly don’t want Thurso or the county to become some horrendous Ibiza reject.

Where’s are Skara Brae etc you ask. Caithness does not promote itself enough. When you see the all the colour glossy brochures that Orkney produces and advertising we are lacking somewhat in comparison. No matter whether it is cairns, standing stones, henge’s, pictish stones etc Caithness has an equal amount or more examples than Orkney. There is nothing in Caithness that Orkney has more of, but once again we don’t promote it. One problem with Caithness is that it lacks a joint effort, you have various museums, heritage centres etc who are all busy doing great things but they all do their own thing and don’t work together.

This is why there is now an effort to link up as many of these organisations so that we can send tourists and locals around the county and try and keep them for a bit longer rather than tell them just to visit one particular area before they jump on the boat and head straight to Orkney. We don’t need “elephants and lion’s” because that’s not what Caithness is about or ever was. You mention big lumpy scenery but we don’t have it and we never will have it. Does Orkney – nope!

Caithness is in my mind is the lowlands beyond the Highlands and that’s what we should promote. We are not the Highlands because geographically we dont have the same as Sutherland. Caithness is flat landscapes, endless skies and views you can see for miles. We get so used to what’s on the doorstep we often fail to recognise what those from other places see. Its not about complaining that we don’t have this or that, its making use of what we have and promoting it as best as we can.

As you said it’s down to imagination, marketing and of course money plus a good bit of effort. I have never asked or received grants. But I still potter away and work at it as I can afford. Even today I just got an order for £90 of conservation boxes delivered at my own expense.
I totally agree with regarding the prices for housing these days, its extortionate and a great shame for those starting out. Greedy sellars – you may be right!

I’m glad to see that you’re doing your bit as well as me. Indeed too many people automatically come with a negative attitude and can be seen as “whining toe-rags”. I’m all for people saying that there is a problem but if they are not willing to try and work around it as best as they can then I feel that they have no reason to complain.

You mentioned you don’t have the money, energy education etc to run a business. I know the feeling, I apply myself to what I am good at and what I can offer the community. I enjoy it and intend to carry on the same way as long as I can. After all it would be boring if we were all commercially minded and after the same goals.

“I’ll give you a hand with the architectural & archaeological stuff” – Bad move, little do you know what’s in store for you I already have your work program laid out! And you gave me your offer in writing :lol:

At the end of day tubthumper you have your opinions which you rightfully aired and I have mine. There are some things that we will see the errors of our ways when the other or someone else points it out and some things we may never agree upon. Like you I am by no means on here to have some online argument. I’m only a new member to the message board after all, and jeepers I didn’t think it could be so tough! [lol]

Regarding your comment “about the stroppy tone” of your original post we all have off days so nothing to worry about there, happens to the best of us and as for “Pals?” aye, why not!

Good chatting with ya tubthumper, nothing wrong with a good debate!

Tubthumper
24-Jun-07, 13:28
Cheers Thirsaloon.
I'm just wondering about the 'Halkirk Burn The Bishop Trail' and 'Wattie The Loch Watten Monster' ideas. Throwaway comments, but I wonder if we could get grant aid to develop them...??

Bobinovich
24-Jun-07, 13:54
Aye TT, no problem for a CASE (sorry HIE C&S) grant :Razz!!

Glebite
24-Jun-07, 14:34
Sad to hear it is coming down, spent many a happy night there whilst on leave, not to mention the problems getting in and eventually leaving in the early hours

Dusty
24-Jun-07, 14:53
It was mooted at a council meeting that Thurso could house a zoo in the Weydale area.
One councilor exclaimed "A zoo..., bit Springpark's jist doon e road, whit wid happin if a lion got oot?"
Another replied "It wid jist hae tae fend fur itsel'." :D

No offence intended to anyone.

thirsaloon
24-Jun-07, 15:41
Photograph from the archives of the Viewfirth in 1940 when Ironside still resided in it.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/thirsaloon/Viewfirth1940.jpg