PDA

View Full Version : Motorbike tyre recall

Solus
18-Jun-07, 18:16
Dont kow how many folks with bikes frequent here, but if you have fitted recently michelin pilot power or the 2ct tyres they are being recalled due i think to a fault with the anti static strip. Unfortunalty its only the front thats being recalled :( i was hoping to get a new rear free to !

So if you have them on, visit here to check if yours are one of the concerned batch being recalled

http://www.michelin.co.uk/uk/front/act_affich.jsp?news_id=20122&lang=EN&

( great tyres by the way, but by heck they dont half wear quick ! ):roll:

percy toboggan
18-Jun-07, 19:58
( great tyres by the way, but by heck they dont half wear quick ! ):roll:

Sticky compound?
Michelin are famous for their longevity on four wheels.

Solus
18-Jun-07, 21:24
yup, pilot powers 2ct, dual compound, harder middle section sticky on the sides

j4bberw0ck
19-Jun-07, 13:28
That'd be the fast and furious brigade then. My chaise-longue runs Michelin Pilot Roads..... :lol: but yes, they do seem to wear quite quickly.

Solus
19-Jun-07, 15:43
That'd be the fast and furious brigade then

Not me then, i still got chicken strips and a square profile :o

j4bberw0ck
19-Jun-07, 22:24
Chicken strips, me too! (About a centimetre - and that's just fine........) Mind you, I have a friend who has a Fazer running on the much-maligned Michelin Macadam tyres - and there's no chicken strips at all on those. The rubber's well roughened right out to the shoulder.

Would I ride pillion on his bike?

No thanks. :lol:

mareng
20-Jun-07, 05:56
I went for Michelin Pilot Road 2 tyres last week on my sports bike. I guess had I not been interested in taking it to France (motorway to the southcoast) then the softer compound 2CT would have gone on. Phew! :)

I hear great things about the Pilot Road 2s - so here's hoping.