PDA

View Full Version : Plumber required

happy_83
17-Jun-07, 18:40
Hi,
Can anyone suggest a good plumber in the Thurso area?
We have a tap that won't stop leaking, and its driving us nutty!

Ash
17-Jun-07, 19:15
albert mcivor he my parents neighbour........ very good

brew
17-Jun-07, 19:39
Same here. He as done some work for me and I was very very happy with the work and service he gave.
I can get his number if you want it

Billy Boy
17-Jun-07, 19:54
don't call simpson & oag they just dont turn up!! not even a phone call [disgust] so be warned!

happy_83
17-Jun-07, 22:00
Many thanks for the suggestions, i'll give Albert McIvor a call tomorrow. Thanks once again

zagor
17-Jun-07, 22:57
I'm having a garage extension built and I am about ready for the tiles to get put on. Before I can do this tho I need a plumber I believe for the lead flashing where the two roofs meet.
Does anyone know someone that would be interested ?

ABC
17-Jun-07, 23:02
We have always used Simpson & Oag and never had any trouble with them.

souperman
17-Jun-07, 23:07
don't call simpson & oag they just dont turn up!! not even a phone call [disgust] so be warned!

Have to disagree, phoned them on two different occasions and they had a plumber up within the hour, couldn`t have asked for better service.

plumber
18-Jun-07, 12:13
Try Corrie plumbing & heating. Thurso 893894. have used theme a lot, never had any bother

Billy Boy
18-Jun-07, 18:55
Have to disagree, phoned them on two different occasions and they had a plumber up within the hour, couldn`t have asked for better service.

well all i can say lol, is that if they were there within the hour it must either of been an emergency or you must be a Relative, Friend, Neighbour or have some kind of Influence because they certainly dont respect their ordinary customers and at the end of the day my money is as good as yours and they didnt even have the decency to call and cancel, no wonder more and more folk dont support the local business's

souperman
18-Jun-07, 20:07
well all i can say lol, is that if they were there within the hour it must either of been an emergency or you must be a Relative, Friend, Neighbour or have some kind of Influence because they certainly dont respect their ordinary customers and at the end of the day my money is as good as yours and they didnt even have the decency to call and cancel, no wonder more and more folk dont support the local business's

Maybe I have just been lucky, no it certainly was not an emergency nor am I a friend/relative etc etc. One thing I will say though, if possible I find it good policy to contact tradespeople as early as poss in the day, this allows for planning and juggling of the days work ahead.

Billy Boy
18-Jun-07, 20:28
Maybe I have just been lucky, no it certainly was not an emergency nor am I a friend/relative etc etc. One thing I will say though, if possible I find it good policy to contact tradespeople as early as poss in the day, this allows for planning and juggling of the days work ahead.

On our initial call for an appointment they said they would call us with a convient Day & Time to which they did, they just failed to turn up on the day with no call of explination, so no i wont be giving them a second chance plus it cost me a half day off work just to fit around them

souperman
18-Jun-07, 22:56
On our initial call for an appointment they said they would call us with a convient Day & Time to which they did, they just failed to turn up on the day with no call of explination, so no i wont be giving them a second chance plus it cost me a half day off work just to fit around them

They probably nipped up to fix my drippy tap !!.............only kidding, I would feel the same as you.

19-Jun-07, 12:57
I must agree with souperman, i always use Simpson and Oag and have always found them to be excellent and have had no problems. Very helpful girls in the office too whenever i have been in