PDA

View Full Version : Sponsored Walk

Liz
17-Jun-07, 18:14
Caithness Cats Protection is having a 3 mile sponsored walk on Wed 1st August starting from Wick High School at 7pm.

Sponsor forms are available from McDonald's Bakery, McArthur Street, Wick and Vet Surgery, Janet Street, Thurso.

Every single penny raised goes towards the welfare of cats in Caithness as the branch is run entirely by unpaid volunteers.

So please help us to raise much needed funds and get some exercise into the bargain!

Liz
22-Jun-07, 13:05
Sponsor forms can now be downloaded from our website www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk (http://www.caithnesscatsprotection.org.uk) :D

Liz
26-Jun-07, 13:13
Just wondered whether anyone was going on this walk?

No forms have been taken from Wick and not sure about Thurso.

I am hoping that people are downloading from our website or there are only going to be two or three people going on our walk!!!:(

I was really hoping that people who we had helped in some way would support us.

blondscot
26-Jun-07, 19:49
HI Liz
Hopefully there will be quite a few folk who will turn up on the day!!
But like you said there are plenty of folk who the CPL help in one way or another and very few of them seem willing to help us out when we try to raise funds so that we can keep on helping other cats/kittens in need!!! :(

itsteven
27-Jun-07, 12:36
hi there is the walk ok for a double buggy as i could only do it with the kids along as my partner is working but i would be happy to go on the walk let me know thank you :D

Liz
27-Jun-07, 13:09
hi there is the walk ok for a double buggy as i could only do it with the kids along as my partner is working but i would be happy to go on the walk let me know thank you :D

Yes would be fine with a double buggy as only three miles. However, there is a steep hill to begin with!!!
Quite understand if you can't manage it in the circumstances.

itsteven
27-Jun-07, 14:11
got the sponser form going to do it with the kids as well hope to get loads of money see you all there if i can do it with kids then i am sure there is people out there that can take there kids to :D

Liz
27-Jun-07, 18:11
got the sponser form going to do it with the kids as well hope to get loads of money see you all there if i can do it with kids then i am sure there is people out there that can take there kids to :D

Thanks ever so much! Your support is very much appreciated.

It is getting more difficult each year to know what to do to fundraise and, sadly, animal charities do not get the same support as others.

Let's hope that others who have been helped over the years will come along and help us raise lots which,as I have said before, will stay entirely in Caithness for the welfare of the cats in this area.

Liz
10-Jul-07, 19:52
Bringing this back up to the top!

Unless a lot of people have downloaded forms from our website we have had a very poor response.

Can I just appeal to all those we have helped over the years, with either neutering, rehoming etc, to support us and help us raise much needed funds?
We have over 20 kittens just now and six adult cats so that is a lot of mouths to feed and also lots of cat litter!
We are also paying for lots of stray and feral cats to be neutered.

If you cannot manage the walk yourself maybe you could sponsor someone else? We don't expect huge amounts! £1 each from a lot of people soon adds up!

To those of you who have given homes to cats and kittens over the years a huge thankyou!!!!
We wouldn't be able to continue without the kindness of those who give an unwanted cat or kitten the lovely home they deserve.
Sadly there seem to be even more this year and that is why our funds are running low.:(

blondscot
10-Jul-07, 22:00
Hi Liz Have you got any posters left? i can put some up at work as there are plenty of folk there that the cpl have helped one way or another.
As you say every little helps towards food, litter, vet bills and stuff and without these fund raising events then the chances of the cpl having to limit what they do will become a reality or even cause the end of the caithness branch:(
I will try to drum up some support and hopefully many others will do the same! Does Margaret have a form at her work that she can get sponsered on?

Liz
10-Jul-07, 22:38
Hi Liz Have you got any posters left? i can put some up at work as there are plenty of folk there that the cpl have helped one way or another.
As you say every little helps towards food, litter, vet bills and stuff and without these fund raising events then the chances of the cpl having to limit what they do will become a reality or even cause the end of the caithness branch:(
I will try to drum up some support and hopefully many others will do the same! Does Margaret have a form at her work that she can get sponsered on?

Hi!

Afraid I don't have any posters left but will try to get some for you.

Margaret does have a sponsor form at her work and there is also one at the Wick Vet Surgery.
:D