PDA

View Full Version : To Whom It May Concern

doyle
24-Jun-05, 17:52
I would just like to thank the "considerate" driver who left my cat dead in the middle of the road today at about 3.45pm just passed Castletown Primary School - you must have known what happened! I understand it was an unfortunate accident, but the least you could have done was STOP to see if she was still alive and remove her from the road. She had a collar, id tag and was chipped but you didn't even bother to find out. School kids removed her from the road and got my phone number from her collar. I am very grateful to them because she was a real mess and not very nice for kids to see. She was a much beloved pet and will be sadly missed. :~(

Angel-Eyes
24-Jun-05, 18:27
Oh Doyle sorry to hear the awful new bout ur cat. Ive got a cat aswell and id be heartbroken if sombody ran her over without letting me know!!!
Oh the poor we thing!
R.I.P
:~(

Liz
24-Jun-05, 19:37
I'm so sorry you lost your much loved pet in such an awful way. :~(

I know how I'd feel if it happened to any of mine and my heart goes out to you.

Liz

doyle
24-Jun-05, 21:43
Thanks angel eyes and liz for ur sympathy - your replies were much appreciated

Margaret M.
24-Jun-05, 23:44
Aww, Doyle, that is so very sad. I brake hard for animals and if I was ever unfortunate enough to hit one I would certainly stop and do all I could do. I hate to say it but I think there are some drivers who make no effort to avoid hitting an animal. Sometimes I will see animals killed in 15 mph areas -- ample time to brake at that speed, if you so desire.

moshmosh
25-Jun-05, 00:31
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, there is the possibility that the driver was too afraid to stop and look back. I had to swerve several times across the road attempting to avoid hitting a cat that seemed to have just frozen until I decided to try to avoid it, the driver behind me probably though I was drunk. It's distressing to think that there are people who wouldn't have bothered even braking in that situation.

Fran
25-Jun-05, 03:18
:( doyle, how awful, Its so hard to lose a dear pet. hope it helps to know that people here dp understand what a sad time this is for you and your family. [mad]That is so bad on the driver who should have stopped out of decency. [mad] My lovely old labrador was killed on the pavement outside our gate. I told the lorry driver he should not have been reversing on the pavement and his reply was that he thought the dog would have moved. I said to him what if it had been a deaf child.(my dog was deaf) [mad]

doyle
25-Jun-05, 10:46
Thanks guys. I am a driver myself and unfortunately last year it happened to me. I hit a cat on the Bower straight in the pitch black. I was on my own. I certainly knew I had hit something! It happened so quick there was nothing I could have done. I turned back and got out the car but unfortunately it was dead so I removed it from the road and set it on the verge. :( It had no id tag so there was no more I could do - I was so distraught and in such a state that I had killed someones cat be it pet or farm cat - it was still an animal! I couldnt stop thinking about it for weeks. There was no way I could have driven on thinking it may be lying suffering. I know to some people "its just a cat" [disgust] but she was our cherished pet. Dont know how some people can sleep at night. [mad]

katarina
25-Jun-05, 12:15
My cat was killed on the road. The driver stopped and took the cat straight to the vet, but he was DOA. We were heartbroken, but so glad that everything was done and he wasn't left alone to die on the road.
Strangely enough I have had to brake suddenly three times this last week to avoid hitting cats - this has never happened to me before in all my years of driving. thankfully I managed to avoid killing any of them. I once killed a wild rabbit, and felt bad enough about that.

erli
25-Jun-05, 21:45
I have much sympathy for you, it must be so hard to loose a family pet, we have a much loved dog.
BUT my friends son was knocked down on thursday outside wick high school and the very considerate driver drove off too, they only know that it was a silver car.

brandy
26-Jun-05, 09:59
once when i was a teenager heading to work a bird swooped down in front of me.. i was shaking so bad by the time i got to work i couldnt even hold my punch card *smiles* i finally convinced myself that the bird had commited suicide and there was nothing i could have done.. i know it sounds stupid! expecially when you look back on it but at the time it was horrible! and i couldnt imagine hitting a pet and not stopping..

doyle
29-Jun-05, 21:52
OMG erli! :eek: Is your friends son ok? Thats awful. Thats 10 times worse than me losing my cat. Hope he gets well soon and that they get that maniac [mad]

luskentyre
29-Jun-05, 23:47
I'm really sorry to hear about your cat. As you rightly say, the driver could at least have stopped and tried to help if they could. Same goes for you erli.

Some people are so bloody inconsiderate.