PDA

View Full Version : COMPUTER REPAIRS IN WICK!

scotsman
24-Jun-05, 01:18
:D HI TROOPS,not been here for a wee while,just wondering what the situation is like in wick as regards computer repairs?.ie:by that i mean,software troubleshooting(re-installing windows,virus protection,firewalls.flashing bio's etc.Hardware(ie fitting new cd/dvd drives,sound cards,memory sticks,new motherboards,fans,hard drives and floppies!.Is there many people offering there services?are they expensive?Is there a demand for this type of service,or is it well covered in the caithness area.?Id appreciate your thoughts,and if you need any advice pm me! cheers scotsman london :D

rhaughey
24-Jun-05, 11:30
Mmmm can you solder, no one else seems capable of it :roll:

scotsman
24-Jun-05, 12:22
:D yes i can,one of my many talents!(motherboard soldering?),just finished a course on it.problem is im down here in london!But wouldnt it be easier to replace the item? www.maplin.co.uk are a good source for components,i believe theres one in inverness.I may be moving back to wick at the end of the year,so im just gauging opinion. cheers scots

jjc
24-Jun-05, 12:25
Heck, I recognise that grammatical finesse! LW, long time no see. How you doing? :D

(No clue about PC repairs in Wick, sorry)

Cheers,

Your favourite tree-hugger ;)

scotsman
24-Jun-05, 12:32
:eek: ahhhh jjc! i see your as popular as ever on these boards!yup long time no see! 2003 was in france for summer,2004 was in ibiza for summer,early part 2005 was in palma mallorca,was gonna stay,but back in london.Missing wick though,and might move back.Im thinking theres a few sheckles to be made fixing computers?IN fact what they need in wick is a decent computer shop,with after sales and service. cheers scots

jjc
24-Jun-05, 13:00
i see your as popular as ever on these boards!
Naturally ;)

2003 was in france for summer,2004 was in ibiza for summer,early part 2005 was in palma mallorca,was gonna stay,but back in london.
Berlimey! That's a fair bit of traveling.

Im thinking theres a few sheckles to be made fixing computers?IN fact what they need in wick is a decent computer shop,with after sales and service. cheers scots
Well good luck with it. Got to be better than living in London ;)

girnigoe
24-Jun-05, 16:39
I noticed a shop has opened in Back Bridge Street in Wick selling computer gear. Im pretty sure I saw a sign saying they repaired. Hope that helps!

Setanta
24-Jun-05, 16:44
I noticed a shop has opened in Back Bridge Street in Wick selling computer gear. Im pretty sure I saw a sign saying they repaired. Hope that helps!

Allegiately, dont do soldering though. :roll:

squidge
24-Jun-05, 17:03
Heck, I recognise that grammatical finesse! LW, long time no see. How you doing? :D

Of course

I was racking my brain - how nice to see you back LW!!!

Come on you must have more to say than "is anyone doing computer repairs in Wick?" you always did before!!

scotsman
24-Jun-05, 19:01
:D ahhh theres a blast from the past! SQUIDGE! :eek: yes your right,it is me,LONDONWICKER! HERES TODAYS MOAN,FOR THE LAST WEEK DOWN HERE in north london,the temp has been in the nineties! my windows are wide open,its hot and sticky,infact prolly as hot as spain! :cool: my fan is on too.ITS not good weather for sleeping,but the thunder and lightning has just arrived!.and its still 89 degrees!. moan over! nice to see y,all! cheers scots :D