PDA

View Full Version : Outsider festival

rfr10
15-Jun-07, 19:29
Anyone here going to this next week?

gollach
15-Jun-07, 20:37
There's only one festival worth going to next weekend and I'm afraid it's not that one, RFR.

rfr10
15-Jun-07, 20:55
There's only one festival worth going to next weekend and I'm afraid it's not that one, RFR.

Why would that be?

gollach
15-Jun-07, 20:58
Why would that be?

A clue ........... God is a farmer (http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/)

rfr10
15-Jun-07, 21:02
So what's wrong with the outsider event? Still haven't found out.

gollach
15-Jun-07, 21:06
I'm sure that there's nothing at all wrong with the Outsider festival, good luck to them on their 1st one!

Try to get to Glastonbury next year though (even if it clashes with the Outsider Festival again) and tell me what you thought of it.

rfr10
15-Jun-07, 21:31
I'm sure that there's nothing at all wrong with the Outsider festival, good luck to them on their 1st one!

Try to get to Glastonbury next year though (even if it clashes with the Outsider Festival again) and tell me what you thought of it.

I'm just going to the outsider because we are going with the Highland Youth Voice. Our conference next week is linked with the Outsider festival.

dunderheed
16-Jun-07, 10:47
in other words you're just going to it cuase its a freebie and you wouldnt dream of actually buying a ticket for it

rfr10
16-Jun-07, 14:00
in other words you're just going to it cuase its a freebie and you wouldnt dream of actually buying a ticket for it

The reason we are going is because we are (as HYV members) ambassadors of Highland 2007 and as this is a Highland 2007 event, we are there promoting Highland 2007 and Highland Youth Voice. We aren't forced into going. It's our own choice. Why, do you think it's going to be that bad?

guitarzan
16-Jun-07, 14:31
in all honesty i looked into going to this because the line up isna bad at all:-

"The Friday night line-up includes King Creosote, Peatbog Faeries, Salsa Celtica and Motherfunk DJ set.
Saturday night will feature KT Tunstall, Idlewild, Willy Mason, Capercaillie, Fred Deakin (from Lemon Jelly), The Complete Stone Roses, Blazin' Fiddles, Septeto Tipico de Tivoli (Cuba), Roddy Hart, The Great Calverto (dj), Isa & the Filthy Tongues, Zak Zagarelos (dj) and Cinephile.
On Sunday headliners Crowded House will be joined by The Guillemots, Eddi Reader, Justin Currie, Shooglenifty, Moonshiners, Roddy Woomble & John McKusker, The Great Calverto (dj), Injuns, Make Model, Zak Zagarelos (dj), Julie Fowlis and Lenny Love (Vegas)."

Idlewild, The Roses and Willy Mason themselves are enough to go for...

JAWS
17-Jun-07, 04:24
Glastonbury is a beautiful place to visit, but only when it's quiet and uncrowded. When it's not like that it's best avoided like the plague because it's a peaceful place ruined.

-whitewall-
21-Jun-07, 21:24
A clue ........... God is a farmer (http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/)

you having a giggle ? Used to be good but not anymore by all accounts. Gone far too mainstream and lost a lot of the spirit of what glastonbury is about and far too many chavs and neds who want to roll in the mud then get back and tell workmates how zany they are, plus the 'save the planet' lot who only seem to preach this 3 days in late June :roll:

And Shirley Bassey at Glastonbury, i rest my case. :Razz

Jeemag_USA
25-Jun-07, 03:02
Very sorry to hear about the bad weather, seems the organisers are very downhearted about it all and are to reconsider doing it ever again, great shame.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/highlands_and_islands/6235238.stm

Jeemag_USA
25-Jun-07, 03:04
And Shirley Bassey at Glastonbury, i rest my case. :Razz

Bassey is a legend, she can still WOW a crowd at any age and any time, she is nothing short of phenominal, you have to see her live to understand, she is fantastic!!!

And to coin a line from a song she did with The Propellorheads "Just a little bit of history repeatin!"

Shirley ROCKS!!!

gollach
25-Jun-07, 12:51
Bassey is a legend, she can still WOW a crowd at any age and any time, she is nothing short of phenominal, you have to see her live to understand, she is fantastic!!!

And to coin a line from a song she did with The Propellorheads "Just a little bit of history repeatin!"

Shirley ROCKS!!!

sorry to jump on your bandwagon Jeemag, but here is another Bassey quote from yesterday
"Artic Monkeys, this is how you do it"

and she showed them good and proper :)