PDA

View Full Version : Spare Car Key

Bigfoot
27-Dec-19, 19:51
Is there anywhere in Caithness that could cut and program a spare car key please ?

dx100uk
28-Dec-19, 04:07
what car
model
year

dx

alistair harper
28-Dec-19, 09:08
Think auto parts up ormlie do it now

Bigfoot
28-Dec-19, 13:08
Thanks folks, no luck at Autoparts, dx its a 2013 Citroen Berlingo with the triple button key cheers.

Kevin Milkins
28-Dec-19, 15:06
Thanks folks, no luck at Autoparts, dx its a 2013 Citroen Berlingo with the triple button key cheers.

Is it just a key to open the door manually and start the vehicle or do you need the three button opener as well?

Bigfoot
28-Dec-19, 17:09
Hi Kevin, i would prefer the three button remote and programmed if only to stop the immobiliser/alarm getting its knickers in a twist but as an emergency spare getting the door opened and engine started would be fine.

carrepairman
28-Dec-19, 17:18
First you need to get a key cut Either from a dealership or an online key cutter, This is done from the vin number of the vehicle, A dealership require proof of ownership for ovbious reasons, some of the online do not. You then need to have the key programed by some one with Renault clip diagnostic tool.......

Kevin Milkins
28-Dec-19, 19:11
Hi Kevin, i would prefer the three button remote and programmed if only to stop the immobiliser/alarm getting its knickers in a twist but as an emergency spare getting the door opened and engine started would be fine.
We have a reader at Birons in Wick that does about 82% of car keys and I think my work colleague Ryan has cut and chipped that key before. Bring it in after the holidays, we are open on Friday the 3rd.

Bigfoot
28-Dec-19, 21:21
Thanks Kevin, will do, it’ll be towards the middle of the month though, cheers.