PDA

View Full Version : Walking washing machine!

Liz
14-Jun-07, 18:14
My washing machine keeps taking a walk across the kitchen floor when on spin cycle! Apart from the noise it is heavy work putting it back in place!:(

I put 'stabilisers' (little rubber thingys) under each foot but this hasn't helped.

Any ideas how I can get it to stay put?

painter
14-Jun-07, 18:24
Sounds like your drum could be out of balance.

Liz
14-Jun-07, 18:30
How would I balance it?

johno
14-Jun-07, 18:49
is the transport bar still fixed, some of the newer machines have bolts in the back that you have to unscrew, that could be your problem.??:~(

Liz
14-Jun-07, 18:53
is the transport bar still fixed, some of the newer machines have bolts in the back that you have to unscrew, that could be your problem.??:~(

Not too sure but will have a look next time it takes a walk! Cheers!

Fluff
14-Jun-07, 20:26
ours does it too. i went down to empty it one day and id had gone 90 degree angle to itself lol

orkneylass
14-Jun-07, 21:07
2 usual cuases are that it is not properly levelled on it's feet, and loads with too many towels or other heavy washing in them.

johno
14-Jun-07, 21:27
Not too sure but will have a look next time it takes a walk! Cheers!
on the older models you usually have to take the top of the machine and there is a bar bolted to the ballast weight & on the sides of the case ing
this is to stop the drum seals etc being damaged in transit. if this is still in place the machine will vibrate all over the place. on newer ones there will be 4 bolts usually through plastic inserts on the back of the case that have to be removed. how ever if the machine was working fine for some time before this walkabout then sorry it beats me.