PDA

View Full Version : Environmental health reports - caithness establishments

champagnebaby
23-Jun-05, 00:50
After seeing a report on the news saying that the environmental health reports on catering premises were available online i had a wee lookie

http://www.highland.gov.uk/prots/eh-inspections/by-area/caithness-eh-establishments.htm

check out the cliff bakery one!! [disgust] Still won't stop me buyin ma softies though! :D

Fran
23-Jun-05, 02:06
VERY interesting. Qite surprised at the report of the Breadalbane House hotel in Wick.

Angel-Eyes
23-Jun-05, 14:23
That is interseting!! Im not suprised at all bout the breadalbane house hotel tho..Its mingin! :o)

George Brims
23-Jun-05, 17:08
Here in Los Angeles, following an "expose" by one of the TV stations, they changed the rules so that every restaurant has to display a sign showing what grade they got (A, B, C etc) in their last inspection. So you don't have to go to any web site to see that the place is either up to par or a wee bit shaky. Right after that change we went up to one of the ski areas and found that the only catering there had scored a "D"! :( Next time, we brought sandwiches.

Angel-Eyes
23-Jun-05, 17:59
That is a good idea diplaying the score that they got thru Number or letters. THen we would know whot kinda place we are eating out food from! :p

girnigoe
24-Jun-05, 00:14
check out the cliff bakery one!! [disgust] Still won't stop me buyin ma softies though! :D[/quote]

I also had a look at the Johnstons Bakery one!! Must admit i dont think I will be buying my hubby pies anymore!!

Then again no harm has come to him so far!! [lol][/quote]

girnigoe
24-Jun-05, 00:21
I also noticed I couldnt get in to read a couple! Wonder why that is??

Angel-Eyes
24-Jun-05, 16:39
YEs i noticed thats aswell girnigoe...EG :Meiklejohns tearooms?? ALso did u see the report the Mountain Dew got? Was pretty good! :D

squidge
24-Jun-05, 17:00
I could read the meiklejohns one and even the ones that have been pointed out werent THAT bad - no cockroaches, mice droppings or infestations of flies or ants. Dirty racks and walls that need painting are not as bad as all that.