PDA

View Full Version : Take your mind off of things

johndh
26-Sep-19, 18:26
Sooo much garbage around. Check this out.

https://youtu.be/rn3TjucvGrw

'Dukono Volcano Part 2'

"After a very short night we got ready to climb to the Volcano crater in part 2 of the Dukono adventure. As our clothes had not had time to dry out and the climate on the mountain being very different than on the coast we spent a very cold few hours in the tent trying to sleep. Toby seemed to be doing fine as his bloody loud snoring proved to Maxi and I. We than had a quick coffee and begun the 90 min hike in the dark to the crater rim. The redhot lava that was being thrown hundreds of meters into the air was simply amazing as the was the sound! Impossible to capture the lava though as it was only visible in the dark. The amount of sandy ash being thrown up was amazing and it wasn't until it began to get light that I realised how much of it was getting on my camera, wow, big cleanup job needed after. We spent a few hours up there then slowly made our way back down to a small pool where we had a quick dip to get the ash off then continued on down to meet the motorbike boys again. At the bottom there is a pool with hot water directly from the mountain, we really enjoyed some time there to clean off but also relax the muscles after what
was a very tough couple of days for this sailors skinny legs."

;-)