PDA

View Full Version : No trailers ! Open door to fly tipping

gaza
20-Aug-19, 18:03
No trailers after October permitted !
Where do we go with old beds, tree cuttings, washing machines etc ?

little miss breezy breeks
20-Aug-19, 19:30
Maybe you should read the new measures again? Only applies to Trailers over 2.4m. Not many householders will be using one over that length?

https://caithness-business.co.uk/article/9759

gaza
20-Aug-19, 20:45
Maybe you should read the new measures again? Only applies to Trailers over 2.4m. Not many householders will be using one over that length?

https://caithness-business.co.uk/article/9759

That's good news, Thanks.
Them there people at the recycling centre could of explained that better.

riggerboy
09-Sep-19, 16:13
is that trailer size from tow hitch to tailboard or the size of the trailer internally ????

mi16
09-Sep-19, 17:18
thats my query also, from the release you would assume its overall length.
Lots of domestic people with trailers over those sizes

Bill Fernie
25-Sep-19, 16:39
When this thread got going I a made an enquiry to Highland council and today finally got a response. A final decision will not be known until after 1st November as there is to be a local meeting with a manger from Dingwall. The measurements are likely to be the bed of the trailer and not what attaches the trailer to a vehicle. Se we will have to await further developments.

mi16
01-Oct-19, 17:12
So if your trailer bed was say 3m and you were to box out a 600mm section to make it a 2.4m useable size and that would be ok?

orkneycadian
01-Oct-19, 18:24

Even if its just the internal length and not the overall length, thats even the babiest of Ifor Williams flatbeds out of the question, as it is 2.44m long internally.
I am sure if you fly tipped down at Gills Bay terminal it will be OK. Andrew Banks is already attempting to bridge te Pentland Firth by gradually building out from there towards Orkney.

mi16
02-Oct-19, 19:53
i note that tractors are not excluded from the article.
so I can fill a 5 ton trailer with rubbish, drop the trailer on the access road and unload it by bucket into the recycle center, no worries.
But just dare and take a twin axle iforwilliams in and your barred

orkneycadian
03-Oct-19, 08:07
Tractors should make short work of the height barriers as well. Dunno if you have them over there, but here they are constantly in a sorry state of repair after their latest assault on someones camper van or roof box.

Shaggy
03-Oct-19, 11:26
whats to stop you driving up with it piled high in a pokey wee trailer as opposed to a level load in a large trailer? someone somewhere will always get around the rules and regulations. it's par for the course in Caithness....

orkneycadian
06-Oct-19, 10:38
Its a kinda expensive way round it. You need to sell your big trailer, which no-one in the Highland Council region will not want anymore, then buy a different trailer

reddevil
11-Oct-19, 17:14
i can see a lot of fly tipping happening,and the council pick it up anyway,i dont get it,seems more work for the council.

Kevin Milkins
12-Oct-19, 23:58
i can see a lot of fly tipping happening,and the council pick it up anyway,i dont get it,seems more work for the council.

The irony is that although it is becoming increasingly more difficult to take your rubbish to the recycling centre and especially stuff for landfill, huge Yuill and Dodds articulated lorries come thundering through the town centre on a daily basis bringing landfill from places such as the Ilse of Skye to tip at Seater waste facility at Bower, who ever allowed that to happen ?

mi16
17-Oct-19, 11:48
The irony is that although it is becoming increasingly more difficult to take your rubbish to the recycling centre and especially stuff for landfill, huge Yuill and Dodds articulated lorries come thundering through the town centre on a daily basis bringing landfill from places such as the Ilse of Skye to tip at Seater waste facility at Bower, who ever allowed that to happen ?

They will be paying for the service I am sure