PDA

View Full Version : Carpet Shampooer

madmax
12-Jun-07, 20:59
Hi,
I have a rug approx 5 foot by 6 foot which I need shampood, Where can I put it to get done ??

rs 2k
12-Jun-07, 21:11
U can hire the rug doctor from homebase for i think its £25 a day, then u can get all your carpets done :)

justine
12-Jun-07, 21:13
it is 19.99 for 24hr hire.You need three forms of id.You can buy the shampoo aswell. Well worth it....Best carpet cleaner that i have tried....Just wish you could buy them.....

ks
12-Jun-07, 22:02
You can hire one from Autoparts in Thurso for I think £15 per day not including shampoo.

Buttercup
12-Jun-07, 22:08
Somerfields also hire them out.:D

scorrie
12-Jun-07, 22:22
it is 19.99 for 24hr hire.You need three forms of id.You can buy the shampoo aswell. Well worth it....Best carpet cleaner that i have tried....Just wish you could buy them.....

Your wish is my command:-

http://shop.optionhygiene.com/ebstore/oh/product.asp?p_part_code=%7EMAC001

madmax
13-Jun-07, 00:54
Thanks guys / girls, I'll maybe try autoparts as they're just around the corner. I only have the one rug to do as other floors wooden so not worth going through to Wick for homebases machine for a 30 min job.
Unless of course somebody wants to share it?

_Ju_
13-Jun-07, 06:33
If you are in Wick, Shearer's also have a shampoo-er for rent at less than homebase and sommerfield and are much easier and (in my opinion) nicer to deal with.

laguna2
13-Jun-07, 08:47
Somerfields also hire them out.:D

And you need three forms of identification there too.

mareng
13-Jun-07, 09:19
You could always phone Eric Drummond, proprietor of SuperClean-

http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=213

In addition to cleaning all sorts of houshold surfaces, Eric is good if you have any donkeys that need their hind legs removed :)

(sorry Eric :))

henry20
13-Jun-07, 09:25
I'd recommend Eric too. He did my carpets when I moved into my house. I've since bought a vax carpet cleaner hoover thing, but its more hassle than its worth to be honest!!

madmax
13-Jun-07, 22:44
Thanks guys I'm gonna give eric a shout, easier than doing it myself. Thanks for all your advice and help.
Max

Buttercup
15-Jun-07, 15:42
And you need three forms of identification there too.

Sorry, didn't know that. Have a machine myself so just buy the cleaner there.