PDA

View Full Version : Calor Gas Boilers

Anfield
10-Jul-19, 14:32
Can anyone recommend a reputable company that can supply & fit a Calor Gas boiler?
Also is it possible to convert an existing oil burning boiler to run on Calor

little miss breezy breeks
10-Jul-19, 18:30
Having replaced my lpg boiler last year i can recommend korrie in thurso. Turned up on time, Took as long as they said it would, Left my house as found plus they were the cheapest of the three i got quotes from :)

Just curious. Why do you want to swap from oil to gas?

Anfield
14-Jul-19, 16:15
Thanks for that LMBB. i e-mailed them on Thursday , but as of yet no reply.
Reason I am considering Calor is that both boiler & tank need replacing and have heard that gas is more economical than oil

little miss breezy breeks
14-Jul-19, 18:38
Yes if you can get on the town gas supply. I unfortunatly have the tank in my garden :eek: Research your boiler as i bought a bells and whistles combie and put it in the garage and it put my monthly bill up! If you opt for a combie Put it as close to your hot water taps as you can get it.

sheilapl
15-Jul-19, 08:56
try Forss engineering I had them and have recommended them very good 01847 861317

Anfield
15-Jul-19, 15:15
E-mailed both Korrie & Forss last Thursday, still waiting for reply from both!

KJSigns
16-Jul-19, 15:00
Try Ryan at RDI Renewables in Thruso heard some very good stories about his work. 01847890012.

Having a full Calor system installed I must say we would happily move over to oil tomorrow if the option was available or if we needed a new system. There are only a couple suppliers up this way and we have been well and truly screwed with prices & run outs during winter season for a couple of years by one of them. The worst was two winters ago when they left us with no gas for 6 days and refused to give any more information, we just had to wait until we got the text saying gas was on the way. The only way to get a reasonable price is by deception and when your looking at prices of between 54p and 38p per ltr when your using 3000ltr plus per year that makes a real difference. Each to their own but Id jump to oil in a heart beat.

Kev

richardj
20-Jul-19, 08:50
I am not convinced that Gas is a good solution re price - I would change back to oil after using LPG for 8 years - Calor and other suppliers of LPG are just too expensive and it is not a competitive market in the North of Scotland with only 2 suppliers. Your first 1-2 years contract price may be lower than Oil, unfortunately after the initial contract your price will rise substantially. Stick to oil is my suggestion.