PDA

View Full Version : Do Blondes have more fun?

karia
11-Jun-07, 18:47
Bit of nonsense on this balmy evening!

I am blonde, as you can tell by my avatar :D

I used to be less blonde and would consider returning to a state of brownishness were it not for the fact that people are so much nicer to me as a blonde.

I don't know if it's simply because we brighten up their day with our sunny locks but I am loathe to give up the extra niceness that comes my way by virtue of the blonding process.

Somewhat surprisingly, this applies across the board, men, women, kids, dogs,
cats...ok, maybe not cats. but you get my drift.

Anyone else got thoughts on the subject?

Karia

JAWS
11-Jun-07, 18:57
I certainly don't think Blondes have more fun. What are you doing later, gorgeous? ;)

Seriously though, could it be that your change of hair colour could have changed your personality slightly and made you a little more confident? It could be that if that has happened you have become a little more outgoing or bubbly and others are reacting to that.

It's just a suggestion to kick around.

canuck
11-Jun-07, 18:58
I progressed from being blonde as a child, to brunette as an adult and now to silver white as I approach the more mature years. I have always had fun, so I would have to vote for something other than hair colour as a contributing factor to a happy state of life. :)

Sporran
11-Jun-07, 19:34
Well I've been a brunette all my life, and have had plenty of fun over the years! :D I've probably had more atttention and compliments on my hair since I grew it long again - it's now nearly down to my waist.

I do think JAWS has a very good point, though!

danc1ngwitch
11-Jun-07, 19:39
To be honest, I'm with the whole confidence thing. If your confident and out to be a fun person then your going to have fun.
I must admit there does seem to be Alot of blondes around, so maybe they do.
I prefer Black or dark, but all the best to you blonde girls, you keep having fun xxx

karia
11-Jun-07, 19:42
Hi Canuck, Nice to meet you!

Totally agree with you, hair colour should not be an issue,that's why I'm so surprised that it seems to be.

Just having a bit of fun, as things seem very quiet.:)

Jaws, see you later !

Well I would but I hear you do 'rubbish' presents ;)

Love karia

Angela
11-Jun-07, 19:46
I agree, if you feel happy with your hair and how you look in general, you'll feel more confident and maybe be more fun to be with.

I started out with raven black locks, but have now matured to a more golden brown. I'd look very strange as a blonde, I think, never wanted to be blonde at all and probably quite glad not to be the butt of all these blonde jokes ....:roll:

Maybe I'd have had even more fun as a blonde though, who can say? :confused

PS Karia -are you all packed up and ready to go now?

karia
11-Jun-07, 19:53
Hi Angela,

Yup! thermals and bikini's, Hawaiin shirts and fair isles!

Ready as I'll ever be...bring it on! But mind my hair! :)

KariaX

WeeBurd
11-Jun-07, 20:38
I couldn't comment for sure as I'm not blonde, but I have lots of fun as a brunette!:D

My colour has varied between darkest brown, chunky blonde highlights, and "golden brown" (read that as ginger!)... at the moment I'm not a kick in the bum off my natural colour, a kind of mid brown, with warm tones through it, whicl I'm loving right now. I have entertained the thought of going blonde on several occasions, however I don't think I could keep up with the frequent root touch-ups that I'd need due to my naturally dark hair.

I think, as several pp's have said, it's really down to your own confidence - when you find a colour, and indeed cut, that makes you feel great, then you're naturally happier and bouncier, and your confidence reflects onto those you meet.

karia
11-Jun-07, 20:49
WeeBurd, Apart from your fading orange legs, You are a creature of great beauty, and I, for one ,think you're smashing! :)

Karia x

horseman
11-Jun-07, 22:20
Went into my usual shop to get my paper on way to work,not usual girl serving,both black females, so must be daughter,got that one right.Hell of a good start for me.
The thing was this lass had the most striking hair...
Long plaits, two of course,with blonde interwoven streaks, I kid you not, I cannot do justice to to how really nice it looked. I immediately commended her on it,the girl responded well, but straight away I thought have I overstepped the mark? Some folks don't take kindly to personal comments from old geezers,when I broached the subject with the mum later on, she was well pleased, every one likes a compliment she said..
So there you are,experiment with your crowing glory ladies,us 'chiels' are well impressed by the results.:lol:

Lolabelle
12-Jun-07, 10:48
I progressed from being blonde as a child, to brunette as an adult and now to silver white as I approach the more mature years. I have always had fun, so I would have to vote for something other than hair colour as a contributing factor to a happy state of life. :)

Me too.....
Happiness and fun is within us, not our hair.
But I'm glad you're feeling good Karia:Razz

Big Jean
13-Jun-07, 02:02
The same for me Canuck and Lolabelle, except for auburn colour during my middle years. It is your personality that makes the difference, not the colour . I have had a lot of fun and happiness, and fingers crossed, hope this will continue for a long time yet. You only live once, so do it well !

The Pepsi Challenge
13-Jun-07, 21:34
I don't know about fun, but the ones round here certainly spend a lot of money on hair dye.

karia
13-Jun-07, 22:06
Yees! it's not cheap, looking cheap you know!

Karia

sweetpea
14-Jun-07, 15:03
I'm not blond and have never been short of fun, even when I dye my hair blonde so can't support this belief. I've never found that not being blond has held me back in any way! Some of my blond mates don't get half the attention I do from blokes either! your personality makes you and if your up for having fun then it doesn't matter what colour your hair is.

squidge
14-Jun-07, 15:05
I think it matters not what colour your hair is nor what age you are as to how much fun you have IM brunette and gettingo n a bit and im having the best fun of my life