PDA

View Full Version : What to wear - Lead Rein Pony Classes

muppet
10-Jun-07, 21:37
I'm planning on doing some shows this year with my daughter and her pony in the lead rein classes locally. Both her and the pony are kitted out but I don't know what I should wear - don't want to go down the flowery skirt route. Anyone got any ideas??

laguna2
11-Jun-07, 08:34
Smart slacks and jacket?

or

Riding breeches, riding jacket, riding boots?

Best of luck whatever you decide to wear.

wickchick
11-Jun-07, 09:32
Hello, Is the pony that you have moutain and moorland? If so you would be better with beige/navy/green flared trousers and a box style jacket with a collar either in navy/green. It denpends whether you want to spend alot of money on this thing because there are outfits specially made.
http://www.poniesonparade.com/21081/info.php?p=3&pno=0

This is a link i use. Hope this helps.

cat
11-Jun-07, 13:17
hi
not sure what all the lead rein mothers are wearing this year! when we did it a few years ago i wore a long pleated navy skirt and very thick tights and flat navy shoes.i wore a blouse and a red knitted cardi/jacket and a navy hat!! as ashleigh said though if the pony is more moorland and you can show it un-plaited then you can wear something more nuetral,perhaps tweedy or beige?its quite nice to blend with what the rider is wearing, hence my red and navy,son wore tie and pony wore browband!!
in saying all that you can make it as serious as you like,we did first year in navy jeans and a red blouse and he thought his pony was better than all the rest then as hi still does now even though pony is too small and just a pet now!
i swore i'd not be doing all that again but here i am expecting a baby and stiil have the pony and for some reason i kept the outfit too!!!
feel free to p.m. me if you need more advice and good luck!:Razz:Razz

muppet
11-Jun-07, 22:20
Hi, thanks both. My pony is a sheltie/exmoor. We're just out for a bit of fun but at the same time don't want to stand out for all the wrong reasons!!!! I like the sound of the flare trouser and box style jacket. Just need to find time to shop.