PDA

View Full Version : Waffles band name

zebedy
10-Jun-07, 17:05
Waffles band name is good
Waffles band name is silly
Waffles should change there name

Weve had a few people say that our name is a tad stupid!
What are your views:confused

sassylass
10-Jun-07, 17:15
It's not silly, well maybe a little bit, no, no it's not, errrr sorry I am waffling here [lol]

Honestly, it's a good name :D

Jeemag_USA
10-Jun-07, 19:56
I think its a good name, I think maybe The Waffles would be better, and as far as I can see from googling there is no band using that name! Wear it loud and proud! :Razz

canuck
11-Jun-07, 03:17
I quite like it.

I have done a quick survey of the drummer and dancer in my life who are watching TV as I type. The drummer just doesn't like band names. The dancer says that she didn't grow up in the UK and maybe is out of sync with Caithness preferences. She doesn't think that "The Beatles" was much of a name, but the world seemed to. Go figure!

Still, I like it and I had the vote.

moncur
13-Jun-07, 16:55
Is it just 'Waffles'?

I seem to remember at some point it being 'Waffles Random Number' but i could be wrong.

I think the name is only good if the type of music reflects the name eg if you guys play quite contempary music then Waffles is a good name. As compared to 'Cyanide' which I would associate with a band very into Heavy Metal. Just my 2 pence worth.

zebedy
13-Jun-07, 17:25
no the myspace is

www.myspace.com/wafflesrandomnumber

our geetarists and his random ways! gotta love him

colin stoner
16-Jun-07, 21:23
aye i think Waffles is a genius name, i mean we took our name from an Alton Towers rollercoaster and you took yours from....waffles?

Jeemag_USA
16-Jun-07, 22:04
Why has nobody ever used good Caithness names and started a band called "The Cheap Johns" ?? Sometimes the obvious is right in front of you :Razz

Cazaa
19-Jun-07, 18:58
Why has nobody ever used good Caithness names and started a band called "The Cheap Johns" ?? Sometimes the obvious is right in front of you :Razz

Surely 'E Cheap Chons

Sporran
19-Jun-07, 19:08
Waffles band name is good
Waffles band name is silly
Waffles should change there nameWeve had a few people say that our name is a tad stupid!
What are your views:confused

Well it *is* different, and sounds better than Pancakes would! :D

Jeemag_USA
19-Jun-07, 20:30
Surely 'E Cheap Chons

Well I was thinking ahead, incase international stardom should set in, The Cheap Johns might sound better [lol]

Cazaa
21-Jun-07, 13:33
aye i think Waffles is a genius name, i mean we took our name from an Alton Towers rollercoaster and you took yours from....waffles?

Well, they are Waffully versatile.
In fact, I've got one in at the moment!

Jeemag_USA
21-Jun-07, 22:20
Another thing I'd like to add, if the music speaks for itself the name doesn't matter. Judging by the last two tracks I have heard from you guys then the last thing I'd be worrying about is your name because the music is great. You ned to concentrate on lyrics and vocal recordings and get a CD cut and start sending it out to radio stations because in my opinion your music is very good.

zebedy
22-Jun-07, 14:34
songs on bebo are done by one member, recordin make someone happy this saturday

so check back on monday or sutin