PDA

View Full Version : Who else has this virus?

Lavenderblue2
10-Jun-07, 14:32
I've been poorly since last Wednesday with a 'flu' like virus, it's awful, when I get a fit of coughing my head feels as though it'll burst. One minute I feel cold, the next I am hot and I don't have an ounce of energy either - how long will it last?

I've got so much I should be doing - now hubby has started with it - OMG...:(

LB

Dadie
10-Jun-07, 14:38
i have had it for ages now felt better for a while but my ears are still funny feels as if they should pop but dont.. a bit snotty still too i think i have had it over 2 weeks now.....it lingers on for some reason!

cuddlepop
10-Jun-07, 15:29
Sorry to here your poorly lavenderblue.
That virus sounds like the one that lingered over here all last winter.
Even the Gp's came down with it:eek:

Any consolation it does get better,just give it time .
Dont over do it when you do feel better,it'll only set you back.
If at all weary,do nothing,your body's telling you too rest.

Put your feet up and relax where possible.

Elenna
10-Jun-07, 17:27
My sympathy to you, Lavenderblue, and lots of soothing, healing wishes! I came down with it 10 days ago and was so bad I couldn't do much but lay in bed for four days (anyone who knows me will understand what a strange situation that is! :D). The fever/headache/sore throat have gone now, but I'm still coughing, sneezing, and spluttering...and yes Dadie I have that uncomfortably full feeling in my ears, too. More than anything, I just feel completely washed out.

Saltire (hubby) just fell ill with it yesterday, so he's now the one up in bed, poor thing. It definitely is a nasty bug, whatever it is!

Lavenderblue2
10-Jun-07, 19:21
My sympathies and soothing good wishes to you - Dadie, Cuddlepop, Elenna and all sufferers - it is a horrible thing. I didn't go to bed, although I know I should have.

As usual, I took my daughter to Tesco on Friday (she relies on me for that) I don't know how I got there and back - I thought I would die once I was home again in the afternoon! I gave my hubby poached eggs on toast for dinner that night - I wasn't fit to cook.
My worst symptoms now are the awful cough and a head like a 'foggy neep' (I had to use that phrase, often used by a dear friend of mine who isn't so well these days) and no energy.

Thank you all for your good wishes - hope your hubby gets well soon Elenna he's at the same stage as mine...

Lavenderblue aaahtishoo!! cough, cough, splutter!!

corgiman
10-Jun-07, 19:24
Wife has had it lingering for about 8 weeks it went away and came back twice as bad a week later, went away and then came throat infection from it , on holiday it went into an ear infection and this week it seems to have become a nose infection :eek: it just doesnt want to go and keeps shifting around

Dadie
10-Jun-07, 20:10
I felt miserable with it at first but as it was my 1st week back at work after having a year of on maternity i felt that i had to go in otherwise it would look suspect maybe if i stayed at home and rested properly i wouldnt be still suffering..

mangobay
11-Jun-07, 11:27
Yikes, this virus really does like to hang around for a few weeks, its awful!!

I had it a wee while back and I didn't start to feel better for about 4 weeks...

Hope you feel better soon.....

_awayoflife_
11-Jun-07, 11:41
ive had that for nearly 3 weeks but just at the end of it now, thank goodness it really is not nice at all!!

veekay
11-Jun-07, 18:41
sitting here sniffing and coughing fit to burst. Hope it doesn't last long can't be doing with feeling like this. Hope everyone else with it feels so much better very soon.
big gentle hug to all of you

karia
11-Jun-07, 18:54
Hi guys!

See this viral thing, do you think those of you suffering could stay indoors next week while I have my wee holiday!

I don't want to come back feeling worse than before I went away.:roll:

seriously, hope you all feel much better soon;)

Reminder to self: pack full body armour!
You'll know me if you see me!!

karia

Lavenderblue2
11-Jun-07, 21:23
Hi guys!

See this viral thing, do you think those of you suffering could stay indoors next week while I have my wee holiday!

I don't want to come back feeling worse than before I went away.

seriously, hope you all feel much better soon

Reminder to self: pack full body armour!
You'll know me if you see me!!

karia

Cough, cough, splutter, aaahtishoo!! sniff....

No seriously, I feel a little better today - maybe I'm on the mend. I promise to keep this to myself so as you can really enjoy your holiday Karia :rolleyes:

A beekeepers suit may be quite fetching - what do you think?

Have a safe journey and a great holiday.

LB :)

karia
11-Jun-07, 21:37
Thanks Lavenderblue 2,

Bee keeper suit on order from e- bay!

as if the killer A9 wasn't enough to worry about!

Doomed, I am!

Love Karia

saxovtr
12-Jun-07, 17:10
ive had that since saturday its not good at all,theres not much flavour in my food

veekay
12-Jun-07, 17:54
Nor mine saxovtr but I thought it was just my cooking.

Wickerchick
12-Jun-07, 21:40
I've had it for just over a week now but on the mend now, its really awful and the cough is bad, still have that though, hope everyone is feeling better now xx

bigjjuk
13-Jun-07, 14:48
well the last 2 days i have benn sneezing and today i have started with a sore throat and a slightly blocked nose....... is this the start of this bug???? i hope not

BRIE
13-Jun-07, 15:19
my baby has just started with it! hes feeling proper sorry for his little self:(

veekay
13-Jun-07, 15:22
well the last 2 days i have benn sneezing and today i have started with a sore throat and a slightly blocked nose....... is this the start of this bug???? i hope not

Yes you've got it. Hope it leaves you soon

saxovtr
13-Jun-07, 15:32
mines is worse now really dry throat,coughing badly,sniffling,eyes poppin out my head when i cough and sneeze :~(

rfr10
13-Jun-07, 16:16
I've heard that quiet a few people have had a type of flu lately so you're not the only one.

Hope you feel better soon though.

squidge
13-Jun-07, 16:59
I had it and was off work for six weeks - had a cold sore that took over half my face and felt lousy. Wasnt helped byt he fact i was just at the start of this pregnancy. The worst thing was the cough - im three months further on now but still wheezing yuck

Lavenderblue2
13-Jun-07, 17:38
mines is worse now really dry throat,coughing badly,sniffling,eyes poppin out my head when i cough and sneeze :~(

Ahh, there, there, believe me it will get better - my cough only lasted a few days - maybe a week. I feel much better now - just extremely tired. Plenty of hot drinks and paracetamol when needed - that's the answer.

Get well soon.

LB