PDA

View Full Version : baby names

chocolatechip
09-Jun-07, 19:40
What do you think of some of the baby names that you get? I heard this week that the NO1 baby name is Mohammad. there is some lovely names that you can get lol *grins*

Billy Boy
09-Jun-07, 22:01
It may be the number 1 baby name.......................... but i dont think that Mohammad MacDuff :eek: would sound very good so i wont be calling my next baby Mohammad lol

DarkAngel
09-Jun-07, 22:26
I love the Name Caleb and Rhys for boys and Taylor and brooke for girls!

mums angels
09-Jun-07, 22:37
i like traditional names that will stand the test of time

Andrew, Alexander, John , William, Peter etc

katie, sarah, rebecca,catherine,Amy etc

boring i know but i'm not brave enough to use "new" names

chocolatechip
09-Jun-07, 23:37
mums angels i agree with you some of the new names are daft. I like the names for boys ,
Alan, Jack, James, and there is a few other names i like for boys but i cant remember what they are.
But for girls i love the names
Catlin, Katie, Jo, Marie-Anne and Lucy-Jo and loads more

karia
09-Jun-07, 23:48
I always liked Freya and Tiegan, but now they are all over the place.

So long as it means something to the parents,...what else matters ?

My best loved gran was, 'Hannah' for Honora O'brien

It takes a beautiful person to make a name into a memory !

My 'Hannah' was all that & more, I'd be whipped by an old dublin headscarf
for even suggesting it.

She lost her husband & home at 42 and brought her four boys up in a harsh environment, working , as what was called ' 24 hr widow'

she was the best,...so yes I'd happily call any child 'Hannah'

Swimming in memories of the best gran...ever!

Karia

orkneylass
10-Jun-07, 10:20
I think the brave thing to do now is to revive some of the lovaley old names that have gone out of fashion - Albert, Archibald, Ernest, Herbert, Frederick, Olive, Gertrude, Ruby, Tatiana, Wilhemina......

itsteven
10-Jun-07, 12:16
i called my third ella i love the older names when i have more i like martha,and joseph for a boy there is so many older names thats out there you just have to look for me the more up to date names i am not keen no but you see everyone to there own :D

mccaugm
10-Jun-07, 20:56
i like traditional names that will stand the test of time

Andrew, Alexander, John , William, Peter etc

katie, sarah, rebecca,catherine,Amy etc

boring i know but i'm not brave enough to use "new" names

With you on that...giving a kid an unusual name is cute when they are tots but embarassing when they are older. My boys have names similar to the ones mentioned above. If I had had a girl...I would have named her Abigail...or "Abbie".

aburns
11-Jun-07, 10:54
hi there i like traditional names as well but i also like unique names too for my fourth one i went for Boyd, i have had lots of luvly comments on my choice, i have a Emma, Katie & JJ (which is short for Jamie Joe) I think you must see your baby before you make your choice as some babies 'don't look like' certain namesxx lolx

sweetpea
11-Jun-07, 17:21
My favourites would be Christina, Jackie, Freya or Caley for a girl and for boys I like Anson or Lee. In my family there are a few people with the same names Peter, Maureen, Kathleen, Danny, Margaret. I had some great aunts with names like Thomasina and Dollina[lol]

caroline
11-Jun-07, 19:37
The latest first name I have heard recently is for a boy and he was named Mason. Depends what your surname is some people do not take it into account some of the unusal names I have come across during my working life dealing with stock accounts are Annette Curtain, Gail Blowes and Liam Malone.

mareng
13-Jun-07, 03:00
I think the brave thing to do now is to revive some of the lovaley old names that have gone out of fashion - Albert, Archibald, Ernest, Herbert, Frederick, Olive, Gertrude, Ruby, Tatiana, Wilhemina......

See how the following trip off your tongue.............
Tatiana -
MacKay, Wares, Polson, Sinclair, Campbell, Gunn..................

(or if you are from Orkney - Tatiana Tait :))

Oh dear........... that is really bad :(

Victoria
13-Jun-07, 09:35
I really like the name Lilly Mae for a girl unfortunately my boyfriends surname is HAY.....Lilly Mae Hay....hmmmmm

I also like the name Sylvie for a girl as it is my nan's name.