PDA

View Full Version : Moray Firth Radio

highlander
08-Jun-07, 23:52
I used to like this radio show BUT now this radio programme so annoys me!!! the adverts are naff (can i say naff)? the presenters just want to hear themselves, and i recon they must have about two dozen records, because they play the same ones overrrrrrrrrrr and overrrrrrrrrrrrrr and overrrrrrrrrrrrrr again, now i listen to radio 2, is this an age thing, or am i listening to a better station? What radio station do you listen to? (and yes my punctuation is naff too, sorry) an afterthought, maybe someone would like to write this out how it should be written, hecks im not to old to learn, but its the listening part that lets me down lol.

crayola
09-Jun-07, 00:24
It's an age thing. You have gone over ....................

highlander
09-Jun-07, 00:26
OMG!!! really!!! oh weel i will have to accept it lol

crayola
09-Jun-07, 00:40
You need not accept it. Add 1 and tune into 3. Wotan beats Wogan by a country mile.

JAWS
09-Jun-07, 02:39
Radio 2? That's one step prior to sending for your Zimmer! ;)
I must confess, apart from news and current affairs on Radio Scotland, it's either Classic FM or Radio 4. Yes, I know, the next step is Senile Decay followed by becoming completely Comatose!

TRUCKER
09-Jun-07, 06:14
Radio 2 Has A Good Selection Of Music And Presenters.

percy toboggan
09-Jun-07, 07:59
I listen to speech/news/debate radio 99% of the time these days.
I went through the 'maturity moment' call it what you will and switched from Radio One to Radio 2 circa 1977.
A constant diet of news and politics can be depressing and I am convinced it has rather coloured my outlook on life, sadly though I am addicted. I often turn it off in despair, only to re-tune within minutes. Occasionally I'll let Terry Wogan lighten my load (no pun).
If I had left my dial on Radio One all those years ago I might be more in tune with popular culture and perhaps even glued to Big Brother on the box !
All in all I feel I made the right decision.

mccaugm
09-Jun-07, 14:02
I used to like this radio show BUT now this radio programme so annoys me!!! the adverts are naff (can i say naff)? the presenters just want to hear themselves, and i recon they must have about two dozen records, because they play the same ones overrrrrrrrrrr and overrrrrrrrrrrrrr and overrrrrrrrrrrrrr again, now i listen to radio 2, is this an age thing, or am i listening to a better station? What radio station do you listen to? (and yes my punctuation is naff too, sorry) an afterthought, maybe someone would like to write this out how it should be written, hecks im not to old to learn, but its the listening part that lets me down lol.

MFR is great for local news if you can actually get a signal. As someone in my thirties radio 2 is great as it plays music more to my taste. Radio 1 is rubbish bar Vernon Kay who I think is priceless.
Hubby put radio Scotland on the other morning, as we could not get MFR...it was awful, tedious irritating accents, music was almost non existant. Never again....made me embarassed to be Scottish and annoyed that my licence fee went towards it.

percy toboggan
09-Jun-07, 16:58
The people I feel sorry for are those who liked Radio two in the seventies and eighties. When there was Mantovani, and Ted Heath. Sing summat simple and all that gubbins. Now, they have so little. Not all of them are deed. They must be really fed up that Radio Two has now been taken over by ageing Led Zep, Stones, and Beatles fans, plus a few more younger types sick of rap and so called R & B.

I say a dedicated station is required for those of 65 and over. I'm not one but I am altruistic occasionally. They could call it Senior Radio as a mark of respect for those remaining who lived through serious war, and rationing, and have had to adjust most to the changes this country has brought upon itself.

Does anyone else agree that this generation is owed a debt by the nation?
A national radio station might go some small way to repay that debt.

horseman
09-Jun-07, 19:23
Radio 2? That's one step prior to sending for your Zimmer! ;)
I must confess, apart from news and current affairs on Radio Scotland, it's either Classic FM or Radio 4. Yes, I know, the next step is Senile Decay followed by becoming completely Comatose!

I'm with you on that one all the way jaws, plus connect fm, for the in house news.:)

pulteney person
09-Jun-07, 20:16
I listen to radio 1. Chris Moyles is a genius, in my opinion! I have been listening to radio 1 since the day it started and have never felt the need to change to another station as I get older. I keep up to date with the latest music but still listen to the oldies on various radio stations through sky TV.
MFR is a bit cheesy and seems stuck in a rut. It's ok though! :Razz