PDA

View Full Version : Henderson/Manson

David Adams
22-Dec-02, 20:50
Trying to trace details of David Henderson, married to Anne Manson. His parents erer William Henderson and Helen Manson. Her parents were William Manson and Johan Sutherland. :D

ceramickid
24-Nov-08, 20:24
No idea if you are still doing you tree but Johan was my 3 x great grandmother For the past year I have been trying to trace that line who were her parents, would be grateful for any help, Her daughter Anne married David Henderson
Thankyou ann

Mamie_2
27-Nov-08, 22:50
I have her parents as Donald Sutherland and Margaret Bain.
Donald's parents I have as John Sutherland and Christina Bain
Margaret's parents I have as Alexander Bain and Margaret Mowat

Mamie

Oddquine
28-Nov-08, 00:07
I have her parents as Donald Sutherland and Margaret Bain.
Donald's parents I have as John Sutherland and Christina Bain
Margaret's parents I have as Alexander Bain and Margaret Mowat

Mamie

Mamie.............was Joan(Johan) Sutherland married twice?

I have her marriage certificate to William Miller, married 1864.

I agree with Donald Sutherland's parents.....but I have Margaret Bain's death certificate which gives her parents as Alexander Bain and Katherine (Catherine) Mowat.

One of us ain't right. :~(

I'm descended through her sister Jean who married Samuel Barnetson.

Having just spent a small fortune on Scotland's People........found Anne Sutherland was illegitimate...and may well have had William Manson as her father. She is Ann Manson on 1861 and 1871 censuses, and on her marriage certificate.......but not on her birth certificate........so Johan wasn't married twice.

ceramickid
02-Dec-08, 13:15
Anne sutherland was born in 1856 , on grave stone in crosskirk died in 1931 at the age of 75, she is buried with husband David henderson and two sons (infants) willie and william george. I have manage to find that her parents were John sutherland and Margaret sutherland nee Low? She was born in Thurso I have seen the grave as my father wanted to see his grandmothers grave before he died..

Oddquine
02-Dec-08, 19:22
Anne sutherland was born in 1856 , on grave stone in crosskirk died in 1931 at the age of 75, she is buried with husband David henderson and two sons (infants) willie and william george. I have manage to find that her parents were John sutherland and Margaret sutherland nee Low? She was born in Thurso I have seen the grave as my father wanted to see his grandmothers grave before he died..

The Annie Sutherland/Henderson who died in Caithness in 1931 was Ann Sutherland/Manson and her mother was Johan Sutherland, but no father named on death certificate. She was buried in Thurso, because she died at Ormlie, but she was born at Kilminster, Wick in 1857.

Mamie_2
11-Dec-08, 20:07
sorry it is Katherine - not sure where I got Margaret from

Mamie