PDA

View Full Version : Hector the Thurso policeman

Innes
08-Jun-07, 00:40
In the late 60`s and early 70`s we used to go up to Thurso for a weeks holiday and my parents used to drink with "Hector" at night he used to keep my parents out till well after the chip shop was closed and my brother and I never got our bag of chips and bottle of cola.My dad said he was a Policeman or was he bending the truth and having a lockin in the Commercial bar?

orkneylass
08-Jun-07, 17:21
I think Hector is as real as "Brown chicken" which we got for dinner after refusing any thought of eating Duck, or "Pink concoction" which my husband wolfed down after being told it was far superior to blancmange!

johno
08-Jun-07, 21:04
i recall a Hector ,the policeman that served in wick about 12 or 15 years ago
he was a pretty down to earth guy, liked the ladies & a good drink.
we used to call him Hector the inspector although he was just an ordinary beat copper . dunno where he went after wick, somewhere down the west coast i think. after all even the bobbies have the right to enjoy themselves.

riggerboy
10-Jun-07, 14:39
i recall a Hector ,the policeman that served in wick about 12 or 15 years ago
he was a pretty down to earth guy, liked the ladies & a good drink.
we used to call him Hector the inspector although he was just an ordinary beat copper . dunno where he went after wick, somewhere down the west coast i think. after all even the bobbies have the right to enjoy themselves.

the last time i saw hector he was working out of tain,

Innes
16-Jun-07, 14:14
Well it seems he is a real person,how could I dbout my parents.