PDA

View Full Version : Two Tier Social Housing

barmar62
18-Nov-18, 19:36
Pentland Housing association are now advertising their properties for 'mid market rent', with the proposed tenent needing an annual income of above £21000, this puts their properties out the reach of many needing social housing.
I always viewed Housing associations in the same way as councils, offering homes on a point based system, but now it seems this is the begining of a two tier social housing situation.

dozy
18-Nov-18, 23:32
Pentland Housing association are now advertising their properties for 'mid market rent', with the proposed tenent needing an annual income of above £21000, this puts their properties out the reach of many needing social housing.
I always viewed Housing associations in the same way as councils, offering homes on a point based system, but now it seems this is the begining of a two tier social housing situation.

Hi, they've been doing it for over 5 years ,they can find the money to tart up these houses but don't have the money to properly insulate their tenent stock . I've heard that they cheated the tenents out of their right to buy ,with a dodgy council deal . It's the same select few that's been running the place of years .