PDA

View Full Version : What have you been doing today ??

paris
06-Jun-07, 10:21
Hi all, well ive just finished sorting out the airing cupboard but i was up at 6.15am and am on a roll at the mo with the cleaning. Ive finished what i had to do so now im planning to knock a wall down in my kitchen just for something to do, seriously thats what i am about to do. Its ok hubby does know , so just imagin a near 50yr old granny with a sledge hammer, cos thats me !! See you later guys and gals.....jan x:eek:

Angela
06-Jun-07, 10:25
Must be something in the air! I've got lots of stuff in storage from when I lived in a bigger house, and am gradually working through it all.

Managed to sort out 11 big boxes yesterday! :)

Do let us know how you get on, Jan -don't like to think of you trapped beneath a pile of rubble in your kitchen! :eek: Good luck!

emszxr
06-Jun-07, 10:31
i got up with kids at 7. gave them some milk. did some painting. then hoovered all down stairs. cleaned kitchen and toilet. emptieda room that i am going to lay a carpet down in. put spag bol onto cook for tea tonight. put soem washing in machine, hang washing out to dry. entertain 2 kids. and i think that it so far. the rest of the day is cooking , cleaning, ironing, getting ready for going to inverness tomorrow, sort out and tidy my walk in wardrobe. and more painting. and kids and 40 odd animals to feed and water. surely that enough for a day

floyed
06-Jun-07, 10:32
Well i am not doing anything as exciting as knocking down a wall. I am just sitting back with my tea and toast, once im done i will be getting all my clothes ironed and set aside for going to Rockness this weekend i am so excited!!!:D

saxovtr
06-Jun-07, 10:36
sitting with a cuppa tea thinking about buying the wife to be some nice flowers ;) any suggestions where to buy flowers wick or thurso?hmm maybe a red rose would be better typical male rubbish at shopping and choosing presents lol

MadPict
06-Jun-07, 11:20
Is The Flower Patch in Wick still open? Used to do nice flowers there.

Most women would think you a stingy guy if you buy them one red rose [lol]

sharon
06-Jun-07, 11:22
I would love to clean and do some diy, but i have not got the energy too, so im going to sleep for a couple of hours when put my daughter to nursery!! and before anyone thinks i am lazy, I havent been to bed yet! I work nights :roll:

NLP
06-Jun-07, 11:44
Amanda's in Dempster st does nice stuff very up to date and modern.
Been to get my hair cut, little one is out for the day so it's the ironing for me.

Ash
06-Jun-07, 13:10
been on the couch most of day with the quilt and still in pjs, not well, other halfs had to take day off work as ive got sickness and diahorrea and a 3year old and a wee puppy to look after, feel awful!!!!:~(

Victoria
06-Jun-07, 14:54
been on the couch most of day with the quilt and still in pjs, not well, other halfs had to take day off work as ive got sickness and diahorrea and a 3year old and a wee puppy to look after, feel awful!!!!:~(

aw Ash hope you feel better soon. x

lynne duncan
06-Jun-07, 15:13
put oldest to school, took middle one to doctors with very sore throat(antibiotics maybe get it cleared now) put youngest to playgroup, prised her fingers off as i left her ( she's going through a clingy phase) took middle one back to school.
stayed at school for the morning as a parent helper, did lots of photocopying, made a frog's eye part of props for their upcoming julia donaldson production, picked youngest up from playgroup went to playpark and watched her climb over all the equipment, got older 2 home for their lunches. put them back to school, dashes to tesco's to get plain white t-shirt for oldest's trip to festival tomorrow,
come home to pick which floor tiles to lay in utility room, had laminate down but washing machine leaked, put back ones we didn't like, now having a couple of minutes to browse through here before i start again

corgiman
06-Jun-07, 15:17
mooched around all day feeling sorry for myself, had to get my dog PTS last nite at 17

candyfloss
06-Jun-07, 15:31
Doing the usually housework stuff, and just got back from watching my youngest playing netball at school, now i'm thinking what i can make for tea tonight.

DIH
06-Jun-07, 15:38
Have a day of from my work today so am looking after my niece to give her mam a break. She's lying sleeping at the moment so I'm just about to wake her up.

Ricco
06-Jun-07, 15:41
Got to school at 6.45 this morning; been teaching all day; very noisy and tiring bunch just gone; marking to do, then home for about 5.00 / 5.30 this evening and tackle the next phase in the boiler saga.

MadPict
06-Jun-07, 16:09
corgiman,
Sorry to hear about your dog :(

Ash
06-Jun-07, 16:17
mooched around all day feeling sorry for myself, had to get my dog PTS last nite at 17

aaauw i hope your ok!
we are here for you on the org!!! xx

airdlass
06-Jun-07, 16:34
Have just arrived in Orkney for my hols:Razz

angela5
06-Jun-07, 17:07

And logged straight onto the org.:lol:

Have a lovely time.

Alice in Blunderland
06-Jun-07, 17:18
Second youngest has her birthday today so since coming home from work its been visitors, visitors and more visitors.

I also had to sit through her recital at the music festival this morning that was....... lovely :eek: ;)

emb123
06-Jun-07, 17:30
I've been lazy - there's a piece of (Baroque French organ) music which I really like but is no longer available anywhere (I used to have a cassette of it which got chewed) so I've been sequencing the piece using sounds generated by my sound card. I'm pretty close now to the performance that I remember and listening to the closest I can get to the sound of a Krumm horn purping and buzzing away in the bass makes me chuckle.

Not exactly very constructive - I should be doing housework, but it's very relaxing.

Fran
06-Jun-07, 17:40
Paris......I do hope you are ok and not under a lot of rubble, hope you had your mobile phone in your pocket before starting to knock the wall down....in fact, hope your house is still standing ha ha.

Airdlass....hope you have a great holiday in Orkney, we were there a few weeks ago. Hope the sun comes out for you.

Corgiman......thi
nking of you, so sad you had to put your dog down, think of happy memories you had together.

Me.... I took himself to watten to visit a friend, before that we had breakfast in wetherspoons with another orger, went to Tesco and soon I will be off to the lifeboat. Had a nice lazy dayfor a change!!!

orkneylass
06-Jun-07, 18:39

Great choice but them I am biased! The weather is supposed to get a bit brighter soon. Where are you staying and what are you going to do here?

WeeBurd
06-Jun-07, 20:55
Amongst other things, I managed to get the grass cut (whilst it's dry), finished Wee'estBurdie's fancy dress costume, and exfoliated my legs profusely, to try and remove last nights fake-tan attempt...:confused

karia
06-Jun-07, 22:36
Oh weeburd , say it aint so!....

Not the fake tan? :eek:

How will we spot you in them there trees ?! :)

Fran, glad you had a great day out , thinking of you !

loads a love.

Karia

WeeBurd
06-Jun-07, 23:15
Oh weeburd , say it aint so!....

Not the fake tan?

How will we spot you in them there trees ?!

Let's just say, that birdie with the orange belly that's been spotted in Caithness this week, ain't a rare visitor from the America's after all [lol].

Actually, the belly and body aren't too bad, however at bedtime I decided to give my legs an extra coat :eek:... big mistake! I now have streaky legs, and the most orange feet you've ever seen - no summer frocks for me this week!

karia
07-Jun-07, 00:08
WeeBurd,

Fantastic avitar, really had me laughing .. decisions concerning fake tan are usually doomed.

This is my guide:

I attempt to become a negative of myself...

..Where there was light,...tan it!:)

...that which was dark,..bleach it.;)

see you on the bright side!

Love, Karia X

George Brims
07-Jun-07, 02:52
What did I do? It's Wednesday - I was at work!

As well as doing a lot of work I did download some new music - Tori Amos "Little Earthquakes"
- Emmylou Harris "Wrecking Ball"
- Warren Zevon "Excitable Boy"
- Love "Forever Changes"
I know none of that is *new*, but like my second-hand car, it's new to me!

airdlass
07-Jun-07, 17:42
Great choice but them I am biased! The weather is supposed to get a bit brighter soon. Where are you staying and what are you going to do here?

Staying in Kirkwall with relatives and catching up with old friends. Weather here is gorgeous so making the most of it. Quite a hectic weekend coming up aswell!:D

Jeemag_USA
07-Jun-07, 19:52
Just got back from a funeral, looking forward to getting this suit of because it is 90 degrees. Was a beautiful funeral, with sermons from preachers of various Indianapolis Baptist Churches, it was a predominantly african american congregation and the music and gospel singing was really wonderful, not often you can say you had a great time at a funeral, it was for my wife's Aunt Lucille, but the last preacher had people belly laughing, it really took the edge off the tension and he did it really well, everyone left feeling happy and light hearted.

God Bless you and keep you Aunt Lucille!!

DeHaviLand
07-Jun-07, 22:59
Well i am not doing anything as exciting as knocking down a wall. I am just sitting back with my tea and toast, once im done i will be getting all my clothes ironed and set aside for going to Rockness this weekend i am so excited!!!:D

You're ironing clothes to go to a rock concert????? Kids, what are they like, wouldnt have happened in my day, lol.

Yok Finney
08-Jun-07, 03:09
I had visit from the Godmother (who graduated as an Ecologist and couldn't get a job straight away as no one knew what it was) and the Fife Mafia then had lunch at my mother's.

I still need to varnish the top and transom of the OK dinghy (we're not redoing her legs this year) and screw a new strap to the foot of the mast. Then we're sailing, nearly.

Margaret M.
08-Jun-07, 03:35
not often you can say you had a great time at a funeral,

Jeemag, I know what you mean. I have only been to one African American funeral and I found it to be a wonderful experience -- very moving and so uplifting.

Corgiman -- so sorry to hear about your doggie.

sassylass
08-Jun-07, 04:10

Sorry about your dog, you deserved the day off.

corgiman
08-Jun-07, 10:33
Thanks for all the kind thoughts everyone.

Lolabelle
08-Jun-07, 10:42
Corgiman, sorry to hear about your dog.
I took Lola to the vet for her heartworm shot, and then took the dogs to the park for a run. We have been having lots of rain and they were a bit stir crazy.
After a big run around in the water I went to put them back down in the kennel (after I dried them off) but the water was sheeting in so had to wash them and bring them inside. Ever tried getting a 60kg dog into the bath....:eek:

Anyway, they are now cosy in front of the fire, back inside.

Then this arvo, I went and took photos of flooding.
Been a fun day, roads closed, schools closed, accidents, and coal ships blown up onto the beach at newcastle beach. 18m swell. :confused
Wow...

squidge
08-Jun-07, 11:16
Today I am mostly invigilating some exams - which means i get to play on line all day - darent stop cos id fall asleep sigh

Last night i fell asleep on the sofa at 7.15ish got up and went to bed at 8.30 and didnt wake until 7.00 this morning - i was EXHAUSTED - growing a baby is HARD work!!!

Lolabelle
08-Jun-07, 12:17
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u71/Lolabelle_2007/Flood4.jpg
Corgiman, sorry to hear about your dog.
I took Lola to the vet for her heartworm shot, and then took the dogs to the park for a run. We have been having lots of rain and they were a bit stir crazy.
After a big run around in the water I went to put them back down in the kennel (after I dried them off) but the water was sheeting in so had to wash them and bring them inside. Ever tried getting a 60kg dog into the bath....:eek:

Anyway, they are now cosy in front of the fire, back inside.

Then this arvo, I went and took photos of flooding.
Been a fun day, roads closed, schools closed, accidents, and coal ships blown up onto the beach at newcastle beach. 18m swell.
Wow...

Not sure if this will turn out, it was a bit dark and so I tried to enhance it a bit. And i am no good at such things. But we'll give it a go. This is where I walked the dogs this morning. Tomorrow I can swim them there.

emb123
08-Jun-07, 19:43
Corgiman, so sorry to hear about your dog, my thoughts go out to you at this horrible time. You have my deep sympathy and kindest wishes. emb

footie chick
08-Jun-07, 20:46
- growing a baby is HARD work!!!

VERY HARD work especially in the hotter months! U take it easy and no grass cutting [lol]