PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help.... im looking for a book!

caithnessgirl
17-Jun-05, 09:32
Im looking for a book to give as a present called A peek into The Past, its a Caithness book, just wondering if anyone had a spare copy or where i could get one, as its out of print! :confused
Thanks

Brizer2k2
17-Jun-05, 13:41
not got that one but my Dad has an old Caithness history book by Jim Miller.

Let me know and I can give you his adddress in Thurso and you can pop round for a loan of it.

email me on brian.mackay@btinternet.com

Brizer2k2
17-Jun-05, 13:44
or email Thurso Library

http://www.highland.gov.uk/educ/publicservices/librariesdetails/caithness/thurso.htm

email - thurso.library@highland.gov.uk

Phone - 01847 893237

caithnessgirl
17-Jun-05, 13:52
Thanks v much for all that info, but really looking to find one to give as a present. :)

shun
17-Jun-05, 14:37
they were originally sold by North of Scotland newspapers, which is located in Wick. the contact number is 01955 602424. i believe they sold out of all the copies but they might have a spare in stock or something

caithnessgirl
17-Jun-05, 14:53
yeh they are out of print now. might give it a try though, thanks.
Does anyone here have or know anyone who has a spare one, willing to sell?

Keiss_gal
17-Jun-05, 16:28
Hi... My uncle is Jim Miller. I don't know if he has any spare copies of his book. But he is in Germany right now. But if you want PM me and I can give you his e-mail address and you can email him and ask him.

robbain
18-Jun-05, 10:01
Try D R Simpson in Wick, Jimbews in Thurso if no luck go to Amazon.co.uk : :lol:

daviddd
18-Jun-05, 19:41
It's worth checking Ebay once in a while to see if any local stuff like this is being sold. I just checked for you but no go the noo. :) Trouble is if you search using 'Caithness' all you get is Caithness glass being offered. Recently there was a rail ticket from Forsinard to London, 1902 or so for sale, if you like that kind of thing (£0.99 and no bidders!) :confused

mareng
23-Jun-05, 07:29
I've got a photograph of Hitler playing golf - any use? :confused

Liz
23-Jun-05, 13:02
I found 'A Peer Into The Past' by Clive Richards on www.amazon.co.uk for £15.95

Don't know if this is the book you're looking for?

They have loads of books on Caithness. All you need to do is put Caithness into the search under books.

Liz

caithnessgirl
23-Jun-05, 18:00

EH NO?! [disgust]

caithnessgirl
23-Jun-05, 18:08
[quote="Liz"]I found 'A Peer Into The Past' by Clive Richards on www.amazon.co.uk for £15.95

Don't know if this is the book you're looking for?

They have loads of books on Caithness. All you need to do is put Caithness into the search under books.

i thought it was called peek into the past, but is this the same book do you think?

Liz
23-Jun-05, 18:14
I'm not sure as it doesn't give any info about the book. It would be worth contacting Clive Richards to ask?

Hope you get it!

Liz

Liz
23-Jun-05, 18:23
I've had a look on Amazon's website again and the book I found was published by North of Scotland Newspapers on December 10,2004 and is a paperback with 220 pages.

Hope this helps!

Liz

caithnessgirl
24-Jun-05, 12:17
yes i ordered it anyway! ill put up a post when it arrives and let u know if it was teh right one!
Thanks for ur help!! :)

Liz
24-Jun-05, 13:10
Hope it's the right one!!! :eek:

If not I'm sure Amazon will take it back.

Liz

scorrie
24-Jun-05, 13:39

Did he used to accompany wayward shots with the cry "Fuhrer"?

I know he wasn't much good at golf as he was reported to have spent a lot of time in the bunker!!

Not a patch on Montgomery!!

caithnessgirl
04-Jul-05, 16:52
i can just re-sell it on amazon or ebay. not to worry, waiting for delivery this week. thanks again for all the help!! :D