PDA

View Full Version : Moose

cullbucket
05-Jun-07, 20:14
Bumped into a moose this morning on our cycle...
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/pmowat/IMG_0397.jpg

Jeemag_USA
05-Jun-07, 23:32
Excellent photo. Can't help thinking about the old TV show "Northern Exposure" did you ever watch that, one of the best shows ever! I liked the Moose walking through the town duiring the credits [lol]

canuck
06-Jun-07, 02:59
Excellent photo. Can't help thinking about the old TV show "Northern Exposure" did you ever watch that, one of the best shows ever! I liked the Moose walking through the town duiring the credits [lol]

Absolutely one of my favourites. And the story was so real. I lived in small town rural Alberta for 6 years and every scene was spot on.

cullbucket
06-Jun-07, 07:11
Absolutely one of my favourites. And the story was so real. I lived in small town rural Alberta for 6 years and every scene was spot on.

Problem is that they wig you big style - more people are wigged in Alaska off moose than bear every year....

canuck
06-Jun-07, 14:21
Problem is that they wig you big style - more people are wigged in Alaska off moose than bear every year....

Oh yes, moose are extremely dangerous. We always gave them a wide berth.

Your photo is magnificent. If the avatar wars heat up again this summer, could I use it as mine?

Ash
06-Jun-07, 16:19
wow what an ace for photo!!! :D

Sporran
06-Jun-07, 17:21
Your pic is moost fascinating, cullbucket! :D Thanks for sharing it with us.

I have to admit I used to like "Northern Exposure" too, and so did my Mum! :)

Jeemag_USA
06-Jun-07, 18:01
Wigged? Thats a new one to me, is that like gubbed? :lol:

I think Cullbucket has one of the best avatars ever, it's the result of Fat Boab givin' Oor Wullie a doin!

cullbucket
06-Jun-07, 18:10
Yes Jeemag - wigged is indeed the same as gubbed.
As for the avatar, it took me 2 minutes on google images to find it - I like the tackety boots too.....
Actually the closer I look at the moose, I see it has a kind of enigmatic mona lisa smile on its lips, but the eyes are giving it a Jocky Brouges deek of death..
The scary thing was that we never noticed the moose as we were watching a couple of ducks off the other side of the path.
I just looked over my shoulder and there was the moose not even 20 ft away. I snapped a quick photo before hightailing it out of there.
Since I still had the camera in my hand I took another one of the bairn while cycling along and that one came out surprisingly well considering I was on my bike on a shoogly boardwalk.... see below....
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/pmowat/IMG_0398.jpg

cullbucket
06-Jun-07, 18:47
Here is the story of a moose attack a couple of weeks ago just round the corner from our house....
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/ap_alaska/story/8921058p-8821048c.html
Going camping tomorrow so hope I don't get attacked by moose or bears.... Good thing about camping in Alaska in the Forest Service campsites is that everybody else will have a gun with them in case of emergency..... will go and buy some bear pepper spray and a wee bell today!!