PDA

View Full Version : Need a Pick Me Up

Ash
05-Jun-07, 10:44
hey woke up today feeling really sad, teary eyed! and i dont know why,everything seems to be getting to me, im a full time mum,i worked for awhile but my wee was getting shipped all over the place that it didnt seem fair, it ruined her routine, so i gave up my job, now i feel like all i do is clean, im doing a college course but find myself to tired to do it!!

HELP!!!! :~(

kitty
05-Jun-07, 10:53
Take the day off. All the house work will still be there for you to do tomorrow and you can catch up with your course work another day :D

Ash
05-Jun-07, 10:55
i think im turning into a cleaning freak, i cant sit, it starts to bug me!
the thing is if i do nothing i feel guilty!

kitty
05-Jun-07, 10:58
Go out then, I know it's not a nice day but take a walk and go and sit in a cafe or something. Just get out of the house for a while :D. The guilt will soon go when your feeling better, and if your doing housework the whole time then when you get in it won't take you long to catch up.

Ash
05-Jun-07, 11:00
i know thank you. just got a puppy but cant take him out as he only had one injection, wish i could cause would be out whole time then!

Angela
05-Jun-07, 11:04
Much more important for you to feel well and happy (and able to study) than to have a spotless house, Ash. Maybe you could lower your standards a wee bit -nobody will notice! ;)
I remember very well how endless and relentless it can all seem, 24/7...and my daughter's now in the same situation. Try to make sure you allow yourself some time off just to relax and wind down...and get enough sleep.
Let your partner know how you feel - you don't have to do everything yourself!
And if at all possible, a few days break away from it all would do you the world of good. :)

kitty
05-Jun-07, 11:05
How big is the pup? Could you not carry him for a bit and make sure he disna get in contact with other dogs. Get yourself down to safeway or even christies and buy the puppy a toy or something. You'll cheer up when you see him play with it :)

Ash
05-Jun-07, 11:08
he 8weeks old,he got loads of toys lol, and he has been cheering me up, he asleep right now, wee ones watching telly, the org is like my escape from housework..... i have spoken to my partner, he works alot and i feel like its my job to do everything else!

kitty
05-Jun-07, 11:10
I'm sure he won't mind you taking a bit of time to yourself

angela5
05-Jun-07, 11:12
Do you have a friend you could phone or go and visit? Sometimes a good natter makes you feel a whole lot better.

Ash
05-Jun-07, 11:13
i know, just like i said he works so much, he a great person.... i feel like i take my frustration out on him the whole time!

im not looking for sympathy just does anyone else feel like this?

Lolabelle
05-Jun-07, 11:13
I agree, take the day off, if your madly cleaning, you will catch up tomorrow. Veg out and take it easy for a day.
Doctors orders, necessities only! Right!
Hugs and kisses to you.;)

Angela
05-Jun-07, 11:14
he 8weeks old,he got loads of toys lol, and he has been cheering me up, he asleep right now, wee ones watching telly, the org is like my escape from housework..... i have spoken to my partner, he works alot and i feel like its my job to do everything else!

I can understand that, but most guys would rather have a happy woman than a spotless house.;) You deserve time off as well, you know.

I agree that it's really important to get out, it can be so depressing being stuck in the house. When will you be able to get out and about with your puppy?

Ash
05-Jun-07, 11:16
most of my friends work, or have moved away, my one close friend moved to ayr few months ago and ive just found out she been taking pills ever since she moved there(something she knows im soo against)so we have fallen out which hasnt helped to me feeling down, its been a stressful time recently, my boyfriends mum has cancer,but its going away,my dad just had an op on his arm, my mum had to get radiotherapy and my sister boyfriends sister beat her up very badly, everyone comes to me with their problems and it gets on top off me! :~(

Angela
05-Jun-07, 11:17
i know, just like i said he works so much, he a great person.... i feel like i take my frustration out on him the whole time!

im not looking for sympathy just does anyone else feel like this?

Yes, you sound just like my daughter, Ash. I know you're not looking for folk to feel sorry for you - just try not to be too hard on yourself! :)

Ash
05-Jun-07, 11:18
he gets his next injection in few weeks then u have to wait 2weeks after that but works out well as we going camping to Embo and he is coming, not much of a holiday but it will do!

itsteven
05-Jun-07, 11:24
i know how you feel i am a stay at home mum with three kids and all i do is clean or wash clothes i to feel bad if i dont do anything with kids you have to be one step ahead all the time see i am still feeding my 9 month old my self so thats my time and sit and have a rest you hang in there your doing the hardest job anyone could do xx:D

Ash
05-Jun-07, 11:30
thank you itsteven,listen to be complaining with one kid and you have 3! im soo broody! :D

paris
05-Jun-07, 11:38
Hi Ash feel for you right now as ive been there many a time, bored stupid , have lots to do but cant be bothered to do it . I felt the same today but just had to get a huge pile of ironing done, now im having some" me time" and dont feel so alone on the org ! Someone will always chat to you via here so if it helps just moan as much as you want. jan x

Ash
05-Jun-07, 11:43
dont mention ironing! lol
hate it!

im getting there lol, just wish some days could stay in bed ! but cant

Liz
05-Jun-07, 13:30
Sorry to hear you're feeling so low Ash and hope you feel a wee bit brighter soon.

Sometimes life just grinds us all down. I have had really bad depression in the past but, thankfully, it is not so bad now.

Stuff the housework for a few days and give yourself a treat even if it's only putting your feet up and watching a good DVD!!!!

Is there nowhere quiet, where hardly any dogs go, where you could take your lovely puppy for a wee walk? As Kitty said, carry him if you have to!
I find going out for a walk really helps (exercise has been proven to help depression) and listen to the birds singing.

Take care
x

Ash
05-Jun-07, 13:34
aaauw thanks hun!:D

sweetpea
05-Jun-07, 13:39
Hey Ash

Sounds like you could do with a listening ear. Sometimes I find it's easier to talk to a stranger because I feel that if I tell people I know how I feel they will think I'm being ridiculous. As for guilt that's a tough one, it can eat you up if your not careful. I know it's hard to put yourself first but sometimes that's what we have to do even if it means hurting others to protect ourselves, tough I know. Just make a list of all the things you have to be grateful for and you might be surprised how good life can be.
Hope you cheer up soon!

Ash
05-Jun-07, 13:41
my other half is a great listener but i dont wanna keep going on at him bout things, thanks for all advice!!

sweetpea
05-Jun-07, 13:47
Ash

Maybe a trained listener would be better. You know someone who can summarise your feelings, reflect things back at you and help make sense of how you feel and maybe help you come up with some solutions?
I find that active listening really helps put things in perspective. You have a lot on your plate by sound of things and a lot of other people's stuff to deal with too. Time to say enough is enough and sort yourself out. At the end of the day a lot of things are outwith our control so focus on what you can control not what you can't. I can identify totally with how your experiencing life right now.

Ash
05-Jun-07, 13:51
i dont want things to get on top of me like it did a few months back, for obvious reasons there is alot of things i dont wanna say on here but im ready to snap! :(

Margaret M.
05-Jun-07, 14:47
Ash, try not to let the woes of others overwhelm you. Put yourself first without feeling guilty. If exercise is not part of your regular routine, try to work it in. A lovely walk, indoor yoga or any form of exercise will improve your outlook -- sometimes it's hard to get motivated but I think you'll find it really makes a difference. What you eat can take a toll too -- when the blues set in one may eat things that are not the best and bad foods simply compound the blah feeling. Enjoy every minute of your wee one -- they really do grow up so quickly.

Spring Flower
05-Jun-07, 15:05
Ash I sometimes feel exactly the same as you - I think everyone who has children probably does at some point! I have 2 little ones and love being a stay at home mum but sometimes the endless cleaning gets too much - I am really lucky as my husband definiately doesn't mind a bit of mess [just as well]!!! as long as the kids are happy!! you spend all day cleaning the house and at the end of the day it looks no better!!!! you clean the kitchen after breakfast - then its lunch time - cleaned - then dinner time - cleaned and then supper time and you are still cleaning up!!!

just do what i do - go off outside - lock the doors and have fun with the kids - the cleaning will get done at some point [probably when there are no clothes left to wear and no plates to use for dinner lol!]

I also go to a couple of toddler groups which enables the kids to interact with other kids and does give me a breather to get a cup of tea!

It will be easier [fingers crossed] when kids start nursery / school - at least the house will stay clean for a couple of hours at a time and I will only have myself to clean up after [bliss!]

marlyn
05-Jun-07, 16:12
Ash you are not alone - I feel the same way quite often, like others have said I think it comes to all us stay at home mums - it is such hard work and not allways that rewarding, I quite often think that I have nothing to talk about except the kids or housework - boy am I good company LOL. Just remember that you are doing a good job.

When our dog was a pup and before her jabs we used to take her to the beach just after the tide had gone out - i think it is quite safe then because the sand is clean and all bugs and stuff have been taken out by the tide (can't remember who told us that think it may have been a vet but it was a long time ago).

Springflower - you make me feel so much better about my self, I though I was the only person with the philosophy that housework is always there tomorrow - hence we live in a tip! and I fully agree with you about the kitchen that is all I do to - and washing all I see to do is pick it up put in the machine, hang it out, take it in, fold it, put it away and then take it back out of the drawer again and start the wholcycle all over again! LOL I feel better now!

Victoria
05-Jun-07, 16:40
you can ALWAYS chat to me on msn - I need someone to help we get through te next 3 weeks at my work!! xxxx

Ash
05-Jun-07, 16:41
aauw thanks xx

peedie
05-Jun-07, 21:53
have a huge *hug!!!!* :) hope u feel better soon! dont fret about housework have a bubbly bath, a good dvd and a walk with the puppy. take care!!!!

Victoria
05-Jun-07, 23:53
have a huge *hug!!!!* :) hope u feel better soon! dont fret about housework have a bubbly bath, a good dvd and a walk with the puppy. take care!!!!

Good idea peedie - a nice walk with my baby always cheers me up!:D

BRIE
06-Jun-07, 09:42
ash i hope your feeling a bit better! i know exactly how you feel i have a 14 mth old who i look after full time this is the first time in my life i havent worked & it does feel like you only exist to clean,wash, iron etc & you also find everyone you could talk to is at work!
dont worry think everyone feels like this at some point! best thing is go for a coffee with a friend or go swimming with the wee one the cleaning can wait!

Ash
06-Jun-07, 13:14
today aint much better, other half has had to take day off,im very ill, on the couch right now,duvet,pjs and the laptop, he is taking the wee one to nursery, hope i feel better soon

just glad i did all the housework yesterday!!:confused

Angela
06-Jun-07, 13:22
today aint much better, other half has had to take day off,im very ill, on the couch right now,duvet,pjs and the laptop, he is taking the wee one to nursery, hope i feel better soon

just glad i did all the housework yesterday!!:confused

You just take it very easy today, sorry you're feeling poorly. :(

Don't even let yourself think about that housework!

NLP
06-Jun-07, 14:10
Hi Ash I'm in the same boat the other day I took my girl to the park for an hour and what a difference it made just to be out, sometimes you have to forget the housework I now say it'll be there tomorrow and guess what it always is. Have you tried going to mother and toddlers it breaks the day and you get a chat with people in the same boat.

Fran
06-Jun-07, 17:52
Ash, know just how you feel and if i lived near i would come and do your ironing, i love ironing, i find it relaxing.
I have been getting down a bit, but im also anemic and maybe you could be too, that makes you tired also. i sometimes cry for no reason at any time, well its not for no reason, i know why and i try not to get depressed as it would be hard to get out of. The best thing is to get out in the fresh air and be with people. Hope the sunshine comes out soon, you'll feel better then. i think a lot of people are misreable just now with the weather wqe are getting. Hope you will feel fine very soon x

Ash
06-Jun-07, 17:58
aaauw thanks fran!!!
:D

danc1ngwitch
06-Jun-07, 18:57
maybe a little attention and true understanding is what you need?
Sad day's, lonely days, resentful days, feeling sorry for ourself days, wow so many.
If there is no one to give you the recognision you deserve, then girl perk up and recognise yourself.
You are a mum and you need recognised for all you do, in your work and home x

cuddlepop
06-Jun-07, 19:18
Hope your feeling better soon.

Big hugs,talk to your new puppy and tell it your woes you'll feel loads better.

Give yourself something to look forward to that helps .:D

sweetpea
06-Jun-07, 22:56
Ash, you know I never thought this would happen but I was feeling a bit like you lately and couldn't face doing ANYTHING but today I did a pile of ironing that would choke a horse and what a buzz I got from it. Maybe a bit of housework would be ok in my case lol instead of ground zero!:lol: