PDA

View Full Version : Road Rage

connieb19
04-Jun-07, 22:52
I was coming along River Street this morning at about 8.40am, the lights were at red and there was traffic coming across the bridge so I had to stop at the junction, I couldn't believe it when I saw this car speeding past on the inside, the woman driver went right up onto the pavement at the bottom of the Cliff and straight across, she just missed a couple of schoolkids and the car that came across the bridge had to slam it's brakes on. I thought heck she must be trying to get somewhere urgent or there was something wrong until I was telling my mate and when I described the car and the (personalsed) number plate, my mate told me this same woman did the same thing the other morning when she had been waiting at the junction. This is just an accident waiting to happen, why are some people so impatient they will put pedestrians at risk, why dosnt she just leave the house a couple of minutes earlier in the morning? [evil] lol gurn over.

Jeemag_USA
04-Jun-07, 23:39
Report it to the police through their website or something, if she is doing it regular all it takes is a strategically placed police car at thr right time and if she is nabbed once she will think twice of doing it again. If that doesn't work, get there before her and strategically place carpet tacks all over the pavement :Razz

Moira
04-Jun-07, 23:52
I'd definitely report this to the police if you or your mate can remember the personalised numberplate?

I've avoided the town centre for weeks now since the roadworks in Bridge Street started, even in the directions you are allowed to travel. Less stress all round :)

Ricco
05-Jun-07, 07:52
Just this morning some total dingbat came through a red light behind me and joined the queue of traffic and the next set of lights - was shouting in his wee van and waving his arms about.... obviously this is some strange magical incantation that gets traffic out of his way. ;)

Going round the round-about he is weaving from lane to lane trying to get past everything and then hauls across my front end, causing me to brake sharply.. so I gave him a blast on the horn. Now he is gesturing away in his mirrors at me (think I caught a rude word - it wasn't hard). When the lights changed he powers his P reg van down the slip road onto the motorway and pulls right across the path of a mini causing that to brake sharply and then hammers down the motorway at about 75mph.... with everyone now overtaking him. I gave him a wave as I went by. :lol:

Torvaig
05-Jun-07, 08:11
I'd definitely report this to the police if you or your mate can remember the personalised numberplate?

I've avoided the town centre for weeks now since the roadworks in Bridge Street started, even in the directions you are allowed to travel. Less stress all round :)

Sensible lady Moira; can't understand why people would choose to take the most awkward route through town!

saxovtr
05-Jun-07, 13:55
get used to the crap driving standards up here

Jeemag_USA
05-Jun-07, 15:37
Just this morning some total dingbat came through a red light behind me and joined the queue of traffic and the next set of lights - was shouting in his wee van and waving his arms about.... obviously this is some strange magical incantation that gets traffic out of his way. ;)

Going round the round-about he is weaving from lane to lane trying to get past everything and then hauls across my front end, causing me to brake sharply.. so I gave him a blast on the horn. Now he is gesturing away in his mirrors at me (think I caught a rude word - it wasn't hard). When the lights changed he powers his P reg van down the slip road onto the motorway and pulls right across the path of a mini causing that to brake sharply and then hammers down the motorway at about 75mph.... with everyone now overtaking him. I gave him a wave as I went by. :lol:

AAAGHH HA HA , don't you just love that, when the nutters hit the highway and don't have enough speed to follow their rage and you can give them a wee wave, thats funny.

I hate when a two lane turns into a one lane in this city and people rush up the lane that is going to close so they can just get that one car further in front, they will bomb along at 55 in a 45 zone and then when they get in front they will slow down to 30 and annoy the hell out of everyone RRRRRRRRGHHH.

I thought the UK was bad but in the USA indicators are pretty much a no go situation, they may as well not install them on cars at all, it would save some money, just make them an optional extra cause yanks don't know where they are or what they are for, apparently you don't need them in your drivers test???

rfr10
05-Jun-07, 16:04
I was coming along River Street this morning at about 8.40am, the lights were at red and there was traffic coming across the bridge so I had to stop at the junction, I couldn't believe it when I saw this car speeding past on the inside, the woman driver went right up onto the pavement at the bottom of the Cliff and straight across, she just missed a couple of schoolkids and the car that came across the bridge had to slam it's brakes on. I thought heck she must be trying to get somewhere urgent or there was something wrong until I was telling my mate and when I described the car and the (personalsed) number plate, my mate told me this same woman did the same thing the other morning when she had been waiting at the junction. This is just an accident waiting to happen, why are some people so impatient they will put pedestrians at risk, why dosnt she just leave the house a couple of minutes earlier in the morning? [evil] lol gurn over.

Definitly report it to the police. You may prevent someone else from being hurt if you do.

Victoria
05-Jun-07, 16:57
get used to the crap driving standards up here

its not just up there - its everywhere.

I now get really bad road rage because I just can't believe the amout of idiots out there who look like they really want to have an accident!

Not indicating is my biggest bugbear at the moment and also people that spend the whole time letting people out in front of them even if the have to slow right down and stop. grrrrrr

I could go on but I'm getting worked up just thinking about it!:eek:

johno
05-Jun-07, 21:17
road rage is senseless ,stupid ,and absolutely meaningless. it just highlights the mentality of those doing it and how daft they look. we all make mistakes from time to time so why cant those people show a little more control .no doubt they also make errors of judgement . it must be something to do with ,this is my little space and dont you dare invade it or else. if a little more patience and courtesy was shown on the roads today it would likely be a much safer. place. i have read of people being physicly attacked for the tinyest of mistakes where perhaps a toot of the horn would suffice just to let your presence be seen. as for the round about is there not a webcam at the hospital looking down bridge street'. [disgust][evil]

Victoria
05-Jun-07, 23:24
its hard not to get wound up when your confronted with these suicidal manics.

I'm not talking about road rage towards people that make genuine mistakes - getting in the wrong lane etc etc, I'm talking about having a blooming good shout at the people that cut you up, sweve accross the road without indicating and stoping in the middle of the road to talk to a mate whilst holding up the traffic behind them.

Yes, it might be meaningless but it makes me feel better!!! and its not like i'm putting anyone else in danger by doing it.

Marty McFly
05-Jun-07, 23:28

I'm not talking about road rage towards people that make genuine mistakes - getting in the wrong lane etc etc, I'm talking about having a blooming good shout at the people that cut you up, sweve accross the road without indicating and stoping in the middle of the road to talk to a mate whilst holding up the traffic behind them.

Yes, it might be meaningless but it makes me feel better!!! and its not like i'm putting anyone else in danger by doing it.

I was gonna reply to Johno's post, but you've beat me to it and said exactly what i was thinking!

There are far too many inconsiderate drivers out there, who think they are the only ones on the road. [evil]

Victoria
05-Jun-07, 23:51
cheers Marty I'm glad to see that the age old sport of fist shaking hasn't completely died off!!:Razz

johno
06-Jun-07, 11:33

victoria, its the clowns that cut you up etc i was referring to

ashaw1
06-Jun-07, 13:25
When we moved up to Wick in December my first impression of the people here was a woman going round the Tesco roundabout in the wrong direction. We had been in Wick a whole 5 minutes. No wonder my car insurance increased when i moved here.

Victoria
06-Jun-07, 14:52
victoria, its the clowns that cut you up etc i was referring to

either way I don't want to show more contol - I like my fist waving indulgence.:lol:

johno
06-Jun-07, 16:36
either way I don't want to show more contol - I like my fist waving indulgence.:lol:
awe ,you just let off some steam, helps the old blood pressure. lol [lol]

George Brims
07-Jun-07, 02:54
I prefer to have a good swearing session (windows up!) rather than *drive* angrily

johno
07-Jun-07, 08:51
I prefer to have a good swearing session (windows up!) rather than *drive* angrily
that sort o thing does,nt affect me at all, i just laugh it off. & laugh at at the fools doing it. [lol][lol]