PDA

View Full Version : Highland Council CEO

tip top
18-Sep-18, 07:46
I see that the Chief Executive of Highland Council gets paid nearly £148k, how can this be justified when the UK Prime Minister is on £150k?

Kevin Milkins
18-Sep-18, 08:24
I think the Highland Council CEO gets more tea breaks.

mi16
19-Sep-18, 15:04
I heard the HRC CEO wasn’t feeling two grand

Alrock
19-Sep-18, 16:48
Nothing unusual there. Aren't all Chief Executives overpaid?
Any info on his expenses claims?

Just out of curiosity, who decides how much he gets paid?

Kevin Milkins
19-Sep-18, 23:23
Nothing unusual there. Aren't all Chief Executives overpaid?
Any info on his expenses claims?

Just out of curiosity, who decides how much he gets paid?
I know it might sound extraordinary , but
https://caithness-business.co.uk/article/8599

Green_not_greed
20-Sep-18, 13:56
I see that the Chief Executive of Highland Council gets paid nearly £148k, how can this be justified when the UK Prime Minister is on £150k?

I agree. Head and Deputy Head Teachers are now paid up to £88k, there are stacks of other high salary civil servant examples available. Its about time that those paying civil servants from the public purse started to take a more responsible attitude to public money. I'm sure they could cap those at the highest end of the salary scales and/or award higher wage increases to those at the lower end. I'm also sure HRC could have found a new Chief Exec who would have accepted a mere £100k.

orkneycadian
26-Sep-18, 23:16

Even the CEO of HC cannot make as big a haggis of running the council as TM is of Brexit. Its her penance for making such a dogs breakfast of it.