PDA

View Full Version : Dog Mess

Ash
04-Jun-07, 16:14
soo annoyed.....i was on my way to pick up my wee girl from playgroup and i always walk up the same way...up through barrock street as thats where she goes, its normally a lovely walk but today it was full of dog mess, whats wrong with people picking up their dogs mess!!! its absoultely disgusting, we walked home a different way as my childs at the "whats that " stage, not something i want to discuss with my 3year old that people are disgusting and dont pick up after their animals!

is it just me or does this annoy anyone else? [disgust]

Mr P Cannop
04-Jun-07, 16:35
onwers don't seen to take any notice and just leave it there

johno
04-Jun-07, 16:36
OH Ash, how i agree with you on that. we have two wee dog,s and i would never be ignorant enough to just walk away and leave their mess. but then some pet owners just let their animals wander about freely.[disgust][evil]

emb123
04-Jun-07, 16:37
As a responsible dog owner (I belive that most are) it annoys me immensely that some dog owners just don't give two hoots about anybody else.

It's lazy and it's selfish to leave your dogs mess for other people (not least children) to walk in - or worse. Couldn't agree with you more.

As with all things, it only takes a few thoughtless and selfish people to seriously spoil so many things in life.

Ash
04-Jun-07, 16:48
we just got our wee cocker spaniel puppy alfie last weekend and i cant wait to take him out, i certainly wont be leaving is mess on the ground for others to walk in![disgust]

angela5
04-Jun-07, 17:54
Someone thought they'd leave a big pile of doggy mess on the pavement right outside my house last weekend.
Thanks for that.[evil]

percy toboggan
04-Jun-07, 18:03
a tird of all dog mess is dropped by dogs who just do not care. Their owners don't care either. It's now an offence around here not to scoop your pooches poop.

I complained at big dollops of horse mess being deposited close to Toboggan Towers. I was told 'it's not toxic' and therefore not illegal to let your steed's steaming pile stink the place out. I shall now merely treat it as a roundabout. Or buy a rose bush. Maybe.

karia
04-Jun-07, 18:56
People pay good money for that Percy,..granted a bit of accuracy on the delivery front wouldn't hurt.

Plant as you find,..sow as you reap !

When you find out where the guilty horse lives, you know what you have to do !!;)

Karia

floyed
04-Jun-07, 19:39
I think the dog poo in wick is disgusting, in some streets every two steps there is lumps of it. If people who own dogs are not willing to pick the poo up them selfs, then they should let the dogs do it in there own gardens. Instead of subjecting it to everyone else or they shouldn't have dogs at all. I feel it is pure laziness on the owners part[disgust]

danc1ngwitch
04-Jun-07, 20:14
whats worse than a big poo on the pavement, yep a poo that has been dropped from a dog that was pulled all over the place.:roll:

paris
04-Jun-07, 20:38
My garden backs on to a river and people take their dogs for walks along the bank, what really annoys me is every dog seams to poo for Britain outside my gate !! SO Ive made a sign saying "pick it up "and pined some bags up hopefully someone will read it and feel guilty enough to remove it from my back way ! :mad:

Victoria
04-Jun-07, 20:53
my dog won't go in a public place or on any kind of pavement - strange but true!:eek:

Marty McFly
04-Jun-07, 21:51
Someone thought they'd leave a big pile of doggy mess on the pavement right outside my house last weekend.
Thanks for that.[evil]

Some kind soul did just that outside my garden gate a couple of weeks ago....but I went after him!

From my sitting room, I watched his dog (on a lead) do its' business right outside the gate, and waited to see if it would get picked up. Needless to say it didn't, so I rushed out to find him and his dog half-way down the street. I shouted to him to come back and pick it up, to which he replied he had no bags. So I said, wait there and i'll get you some. By the time i'd rushed inside to get some bags, he'd legged it (not surprisingly!).

I had had enough, so jumped in the car with the bags and went after him. I eventually tracked him down a few streets away, and you should've seen the look on his face as I jumped out infront of him and shoved the bags in his face and told him to get back and clean it up or else i'd report him to the police.

Btw, I did phone the police mid-chase, to see how I stood. I was told it would be his word against mine, so there was nothing they could do. Lovely.

He did come back and clean up the mess, so it worked out ok. :roll:

ashaw1
04-Jun-07, 22:00
I did notice today that the streets seemed worse than usual. And they wern't even little ones. When i had a dog i picked up after it religiously. How do people have the brass neck?

vwchick
04-Jun-07, 22:34
Find it really annoying that we have a lovely wee dog whose waste products are picked up religiously,yet, we often find BIG dog products left in our garden.

We live in a fairly enclosed area therefore the owner has to witness the
"drop", yet the deposits remain on our grass for us. Thanks.

Heathfield, Thurso.

connieb19
04-Jun-07, 22:37
hopefully someone will read it and feel guilty enough to remove it from my back way ! :eek: Too much detail. :eek:

JimH
05-Jun-07, 00:17
We seem to have the same problem here.
I watched a woman with two little dogs let one drop its load on my front lawn, then she made to pick it up, so I let it go, but when I went out later, all she had done is make a mess.
I have a dog, but he does not leave a mess anywhere whilst we are out.

Victoria
05-Jun-07, 16:46
we were on the beach on the first May bank holiday and someones dog did it twice and all the woman did was go over and put a stone on top of it!

We told her to pick it up coz there were tons of kids around but all we got was abuse back. :o(

burstbucker
05-Jun-07, 22:00
What has happened to the council dog warden, do we still have one?

TRUCKER
05-Jun-07, 22:20
Yes there is a council dog-warden.

johno
05-Jun-07, 22:38
dog warden, cant say ive ever seen him, judging by the muck on the streets dont think anyone ever has seen him. our street is a maze of dog muck .
were on the flight path to the airport and every one uses it to get there.
in fact i think the pavements were cleaner before the dog warden job was appointed [disgust][evil]

thebigman
06-Jun-07, 00:30
dog warden, cant say ive ever seen him, judging by the muck on the streets dont think anyone ever has seen him. our street is a maze of dog muck .
were on the flight path to the airport and every one uses it to get there.
in fact i think the pavements were cleaner before the dog warden job was appointed [disgust][evil]

You certainly won't have seen him cos him is a her and she's out and about every day chasing folk wi their dogs but it's an almost impossible task to catch them in the act.

Dog Warden
06-Jun-07, 09:34
Thanks for that big man who ever you are. As there is only one dog warden covering all of Caithness ie Wick, Thurso and all of the villages, as you said it is nearly impossible to catch people in the act. If you are experiencing problems in a particuliar area i do need to hear about it so that i can step up patrolling in that area. Well done to the people who have stood up to the offenders! and thank you to all the responsible dog owners out there who religiously pick up rain or shine. Finally, people are issued with fixed penalties for dog fouling in Caithness but unfortunately i am not allowed to name and shame them so much of my work goes un noticed but i have a fine book and dont hesitate to use it.

Victoria
06-Jun-07, 10:01
ok...........I actually had a dream about dog poo last night:eek:

Thanks Org!!!

Marty McFly
06-Jun-07, 17:22
Thanks for that big man who ever you are. As there is only one dog warden covering all of Caithness ie Wick, Thurso and all of the villages, as you said it is nearly impossible to catch people in the act. If you are experiencing problems in a particuliar area i do need to hear about it so that i can step up patrolling in that area. Well done to the people who have stood up to the offenders! and thank you to all the responsible dog owners out there who religiously pick up rain or shine. Finally, people are issued with fixed penalties for dog fouling in Caithness but unfortunately i am not allowed to name and shame them so much of my work goes un noticed but i have a fine book and dont hesitate to use it.

So, whats the proceedure for catching someone's dog fouling where it shouldn't? Who should we report it to, and what is likely to happen as a result?
Because, if me catching them in the act doesn't seem to count as far as the police are concerned, whats the point of having fixed penalties ?

thebigman
07-Jun-07, 01:00
So, whats the proceedure for catching someone's dog fouling where it shouldn't? Who should we report it to, and what is likely to happen as a result?
Because, if me catching them in the act doesn't seem to count as far as the police are concerned, whats the point of having fixed penalties ?

Phoe TEC Services at the Council and report it 01955 607737.

Obviously easier to catch folk if it's a regular occurance by the same dog (or owner!)

Penelope Pitstop
07-Jun-07, 10:31
my dog won't go in a public place or on any kind of pavement - strange but true!:eek:

Neither will mine!! She'll last that little bit further to get to grass or gravel...she just seems to know it's not to be done on the pavement!!:D I wouldn't dream of leaving home without a bag to pick it up, I believe the majority of dog owners feel the same....there's no excuse not to pick it up.

joan
24-Jun-07, 19:20
[disgust]It also infuriates me when I see dog poo on the streets.There is an invisible HUGE dog that leaves large messages! outside our close door so that when the door is opened it is spread all over the path and you have to jump over it to avoid it!

Lolabelle
25-Jun-07, 09:56
I am glad to say that my dogs wont poo while on a lead. So they can just wait till they get home. Same as I have to.