PDA

View Full Version : Charity shops

charley9
04-Jun-07, 11:05
Does anyone know if any of the charity shops pick up in Wick, have got a load of stuff for them but due to the roadworks can't drop it off. It is driving me mad, as it is in the way, and am now considering dumping the lot as I am constantly having to climb over it.

DIH
04-Jun-07, 11:20
I'm not sure about pick ups but I know you can go to the back door of the hospice shop and drop of there. If you go to Louisburgh street and there is the car park opposite what was Janets shop. Take your car down the left hand lane beside the car park and at the bottom you notice back doors for boots etc. The hospice door is more over to the left and the last time I was there it had a wheelie bin outside it. There is a bell on the door, ring it and if they hear you a bit on it lights up ?green and they will be with you shortly after that. Hope this helps you.

foreveruntitled
04-Jun-07, 12:52
Its terrible the ammount of business they must be losing because of the roadworks.

johno
04-Jun-07, 14:05
i went & left a load of stuff last week, if you go down first thing you can actually get on the pavement and even if the shops not yet open you can still leave it outside, ps the traffic warden is of sick just now, but he,s not that bad anyway.
[lol]

Fran
05-Jun-07, 02:19
i phoned up the wick Pipe band to come and collect mine, their thrift shop is later this week. the phoine numbers for collection is on their ad on page 2 in the Groat.

Fran
08-Jun-07, 02:24
Went to the Pipe Band thrift shop in wick today, and there were some great bargains and the hall is full of all kinds of things, so get down there tomorrow and get some bargains.

iandsmurray
08-Jun-07, 09:18
homeaid picks up in wick

charley9
08-Jun-07, 19:47
Thanks for all the help, pipe band picked it all up, they were very grateful, don't think I will take my daughter to the thrift shop, as half her toys are there, she would probably end up buying the whole lot back.