PDA

View Full Version : Galas

caithnessgirl
15-Jun-05, 13:07
just wondering what everyone thinks of the galas up with us. As good as they used to be? :confused

laguna2
15-Jun-05, 13:09
People seem to have lost interest in some of them - fewer floats etc. Pity as those who still go along seem to have a good time.

caithnessgirl
15-Jun-05, 13:15
especially the smaller galas, lybster etc...
not so sure about how they go about picking the quuen and co......!? [disgust]

nikki
15-Jun-05, 16:48
the lybster queen and attendants r voted for by the girls from lybster that r in the high school, except that this year we werent all told when to go to vote so some of us never got to. nvm tho. lookin forward to the gala.

girnigoe
15-Jun-05, 23:07
So does anyone know how you get your little girl on the wick gala queens float as an attendant?

rainbow
16-Jun-05, 11:05
As far as I am aware the Wick Gala Queen and attendants are chosen after an interview at the school (they are nominated first). The smaller attendants are usually children known to the committee whose parents (or the children themselves) have contributed to the running of the gala. Its down to who you know, but I agree that if you are willing to put your time into helping the smooth running of the gala, and are active in the events eg floats, then its only fair that your child gets an opportunity to have the privilidge of being in the Queens Court.

caithnessgirl
16-Jun-05, 12:34
yeah i know the methods used to pick the queen etc... just cant see how they can justify it. Nearly every year they're related to a previous!