PDA

View Full Version : Accountant

ashaw1
02-Jun-07, 22:25
I am setting up a small business in Wick and am looking for a local accountant. As this is a new business i will be starting small so ideally i need someone who won't find this a problem. I know there are a few but i just wondered if anyone could recommend one or advise me of the ones to avoid.

footie chick
03-Jun-07, 03:05
Do it urself its quite easy!

ashaw1
03-Jun-07, 08:43
Yes, i have done that in the past. I believe that if you need to get a mortgage etc in the future you need to have books done professionally. I have also been led to believe that the knowledge they have can save you a fortune as they know all the loopholes and ways to offset certain costs towards the business.

Torvaig
03-Jun-07, 09:00
Yes, i have done that in the past. I believe that if you need to get a mortgage etc in the future you need to have books done professionally. I have also been led to believe that the knowledge they have can save you a fortune as they know all the loopholes and ways to offset certain costs towards the business.

Yes you are right; using a professional makes life much easier! I used David Rosie of Reid and Fraser, High Street, Wick; very capable accountant. Good luck!

DRM
03-Jun-07, 16:44
Iain Makay from Golspie is Very good and I have used him for years and not too expensive either you will get his No in the phone book under Makay & co
he is very approachable and very easy to get on with and relaible

Bobinovich
03-Jun-07, 20:00
I can also recommend Stuart Whiteley in Thurso. Although I do my own books now, he kept me on track form early on and continues to inform me of new tax breaks, etc. which are relevant to my circumstances.

FYI I am self-employed, do my own books, and had no problem getting a mortgage so I don't think that's totally necessary.