PDA

View Full Version : Can you identify this shop?

orkneylass
02-Jun-07, 20:24
Hi - I have been told:
"there's a shop in wick, in the old hardware shop on bridge street (big green shop)."....selling old furniture

I would like to get in touch with the chap selling the old furniture and live in Orkney, so I really need a name and phone number....can anyone help???

blondscot
02-Jun-07, 21:37
i think that it is a part of Sam's second hand shop but not 100% sure but worth a try!

ashaw1
02-Jun-07, 21:58
I think the shop you are looking for is the one that sells the expensive antique furniture opposite the Clydesdale Bank. Cant supply the phone number i'm afraid but i do know there is a notice on the door advising they have restricted opening hours at present due to the roadworks. The notice might have a contact number on it but not much good i'm afraid if you are not local. Sorry i couldn't be more help!

orkneylass
02-Jun-07, 22:21
Hi- if anyone has a phone number for the shop or the owner I would be very grateful if you would pm it to me.

DeHaviLand
02-Jun-07, 23:47
That shop has nothing to do with Sams. There is a phone no. in the window, maybe someone will be kind enough to jot it down for you. Sorry, I'm not in Wick or I would. Its the old RS Waters shop.

Moira
02-Jun-07, 23:57
Dehaviland is right Orkneylass - the "antique shop" in Bridge Street has nothing to do with the other shop in High Street, so far as I am aware. I'll have a look in the window next week & pm you the phone number, unless someone beats me to it?!

canuck
03-Jun-07, 03:29
Dehaviland is right Orkneylass - the "antique shop" in Bridge Street has nothing to do with the other shop in High Street, so far as I am aware. I'll have a look in the window next week & pm you the phone number, unless someone beats me to it?!

Moira we really are on the same wave length tonight. First I was wondering where you had vanished to and then you appeared on scotsboy's thread and assured me that you were still around. Then I was thinking, when I read this thread, why doesn't Orkneylass send Moira a PM and ask her to take a look when she is down that way. And then, poof, you post my very suggestion.

Honest folks, I haven't talked to Moira in 4 or 5 days.

TRUCKER
03-Jun-07, 12:13
Hi Havent Got A Name But Have A Phone Number 01847 851887

orkneylass
03-Jun-07, 13:07
We have sucessfully made contact - thanks to everyone for your help!

horseman
03-Jun-07, 13:30
That shop has nothing to do with Sams. There is a phone no. in the window, maybe someone will be kind enough to jot it down for you. Sorry, I'm not in Wick or I would. Its the old RS Waters shop.

rs waters, wow, having been born n bred on bridge st. thats a bit of a tear jerker for me.:)