PDA

View Full Version : Carter - Dunbeath & Latheron

ARMA
16-Dec-02, 00:33
I am looking for any further information on the Carter family,

Charles Taylor Carter (B31/5/1899 Balnabroich? , Dunbeath) was my Grandfather - he married Annie Bremner Sutherland whose parents were Georgine Bremner Sutherland and William Miller Sutherland (see my earlier post). The Carter family home was Ivy Cottage, Dunbeath.

Charles' parents were William Carter (fisherman) and Margaret Helen Sutherland who married on 20/4/1894

William's parents were William Carter and Janet MacKay (Dunbeath) they married on 4/1/1856. Janet's parents were John MacKay and Catherine Grant.

William's parents were Charles Carter (B15/9/1805) and Margaret Polson they married on 14/2/1829 in Latheron.

I believe Charles' father was William but i have no further information other than this.

If you have any further information please let me know..

Anna

Anonymous
19-Dec-02, 19:34
My Great-Grandmother was Jane Carter, born 1867, died 1942. Her husband was William McKenzie of Ramscraigs, Dunbeath.

Her father and mother were William Carter and Janet Mckay.

Her brothers were Charles, and William Carter, your great-grandfather.

ARMA
01-Jan-03, 18:59
I have now found that William Carter who worked for Langwell Estate and Marion Sutherland who was a Domestic Servant had an illegitimate son Charles Carter born 15/9/1805.

Charles went on to marry Margaret Polson on 14/2/1829 in Latheron. Margaret's parents were William Polson and Margaret Sutherland

If anyone has any information on this William Carter or Marion Sutherland can you please let me know.

Thanks

Anna

ARMA
04-Jan-03, 20:38
You can view what i have so far at this link.

www.macleod-family-tree.co.uk

Anna

:lol: