PDA

View Full Version : stress stress

itsteven
02-Jun-07, 19:54
i am planning to get married next year and oh my god its like wear do i start money is tight as we have three kids and a house so everything is on the cheap that might sound bad to some people but its the stress of it all just going to look forward to it ive been on ebay great but cant deside on brides maides dresses and there all so dear any way this has made me feel a wee bit better talking about it thank you :confused

Billy Boy
02-Jun-07, 20:06
lol me and mrs BB just went off and got married never told anyone except my sister and her man as they were our witness's, I never even met my mother in law until after little miss BB was born,:eek: It was pretty much a stress free wedding ;)

all the best for your forth coming marriage lol

Tristan
02-Jun-07, 20:11
I second that, elope. Get yourselves married in some exotic location and have your honeymoon at the same time. ;)

orkneylass
02-Jun-07, 20:20
Did you see desperate housewives when they just got married in a simple ceremony in teh woods at night and avoidede the whole thing of doing like everyone else - why not do something like that? Waste of money really - you could meake it different and memorable without making it expensive.

Solus
02-Jun-07, 20:23
you dont need all the razz and glitter to make your day special !

Billy Boy
02-Jun-07, 20:24
mind you a might of had second thoughts if a had met my mother in law first :lol: incase mrs BB turns in to her

cuddlepop
02-Jun-07, 20:39
Why not hire the local village hall,decorate it yourselfs and have a party with everyone who has been invited to bring something to eat and drink.
Just have a very informal buffet style meal.
Or run away and get married.
No matter where or how you get married it doesn't matter its your commitment to each other that counts.:D

Fluff
02-Jun-07, 20:59
for bridesmades dresses, if you are not too botherd about everything matching, you could ask the bridesmade to buy the dress herself as your wedding present. debenhams, bhs etc all do wedding items.
Monsoon is great too for an off the peg wedding dress.

itsteven
02-Jun-07, 21:01
i did see that in desperate wives and i did think of it that would be great ive worked it out that there will only ten of us well an extra 3 with the kids and i thought of that wee church in moray street in wick then just across the street to the queens for the meal then do a buffee for eveyone else at night :roll:

itsteven
02-Jun-07, 21:03
i got a nice big dress of ebay its really really nice and the brides maids dresses am not bothered i have seen a few on ebay :D

Victoria
02-Jun-07, 22:48
I've got a freemans catalogue and they now do wedding stuff - have a look on their website.

footie chick
03-Jun-07, 03:07
We went off with a few friends and got married for under £500.00 and wouldn't change a thing after all its ur day so enjoy it

triger
03-Jun-07, 07:41
i am planning to get married next year and oh my god its like wear do i start money is tight as we have three kids and a house so everything is on the cheap that might sound bad to some people but its the stress of it all just going to look forward to it ive been on ebay great but cant deside on brides maides dresses and there all so dear any way this has made me feel a wee bit better talking about it thank you :confusedOn the understanding that everything is fine as it is,why go and spoil it all by getting married[lol]

dragonfly
03-Jun-07, 09:08
granted it was my 2nd marriage but it was done on the cheap for under £400. Everyone was booked into the same hotel and paid for their own meals and cos we had the place to ourselves had a great time - thoroughly enjoyed it ;)

horseman
03-Jun-07, 13:42
itsteven you are right it is stressful right enough,but I wish you all the best and a wonderful future for you all..and pay no attention to triger..:)

itsteven
03-Jun-07, 18:22
hi thank you to everyone dragonfly how did you do it under £400 i was thinking of doing somthing like that just getting them to pay for there meal but dont know how to say to them that i am doing that how did you do it??
and we want to do this as we have three lovley kids together and wanting more, we are in love from the first time i met my other half i new the i was going to be with and here we are planning our wedding :D

obiron
03-Jun-07, 19:17
ours was cheap too. we got married on the friday had a family party in our house and had a dance on the sat night. weddings can be as cheap or as dear as you want them.

johno
03-Jun-07, 19:24
thats true ,you will be just as married with a £500 wedding as a £5000.
very best of luck & congrats :lol::lol:

percy toboggan
03-Jun-07, 19:28
Common sense dictates weddings need NOT cost a lot of money. If you're blessed with one and don't have much of the other just get married, rather than putting on a show.

Our wedding cost less than forty quid. Okay, it was 1970, but that was a week and a half's wages - I still got a bargain. The same amount now would amount to about five hundred quid, and that's the most I'd dream of spending on a wedding. I won't attend 'big' weddings anymore - they're usually based on b.s. and mostly amount to some kind of ego trip.

karia
03-Jun-07, 20:00
Marriage, between two people who love one another, doesn't carry a price tag.

Only do what feels right for you, ..and have a memorable day,..for the right reasons.

we 'eloped'..10 years on,..we'd do the same!

It was an incredibly intimate experience, ...not a circus!

however, ......the parents will go berserk!:roll::roll:

Be Happy...and be yourselves

Good luck to you both.

Karia

dragonfly
03-Jun-07, 22:20
how did you do it under £400 i was thinking of doing somthing like that just getting them to pay for there meal but dont know how to say to them that i am doing that how did you do it??

just come out with it, say that you are getting married but have a tight budget and would love to have them there with you to celebrate your day and instead of a wedding present would they just pay for their meal instead. They will be more than happy to do so :)

itsteven
03-Jun-07, 22:45
i am looking at things and there not bad prices i think it will be fine i will set a price thank you to every one thats got back to me il let you all know how i get on thank you again or if any one has any tips on thing just let me know i like new ideas :D

engiebenjy
04-Jun-07, 00:54
When I got married many moons ago, we got so sick fed up of being told 'you have to...' and 'you need to...', that we thought 'no we don't have to...', cancelled the big wedding, brought it forward to three weeks in advance, told everybody that if they wanted to come, they could. My bridesmaid still reckons it was one of the best weddings she's ever been to because there was no fuss or faff, we just had a great time!

squidge
04-Jun-07, 10:17
We are planning a wedding too - In fact we are having two weddings lol. We are hoping for a quickie registry office marriage before baby squidge arrives - it wil be a very smallceremony - just the bruce and i and mums and dads and witnesses. Then in May next year we are planning a BIG do - highland blessing at Urquhart Castle then a party in the hall in Drumnadrochit. This is the Bruce's first marriage (and his only one i hope!!!!) But we are keeping hte price as low as possible by having a party where everyone brings their own bottle and we arent having a top table - we are simply having a "party". I have my dress almost bought off ebay and my most expensive extravagance is the shoes - the Bruce is wearing a filimore and we seem to be able to do the whole thing for about £1500 which isnt bad at all for a party for around 150 people

Lolabelle
04-Jun-07, 10:38
We had a wedding for about 30 people, and it cost about $1700.00 or 700 pounds. That included dress, rings,and food. I decided not to have bridesmaids or anything. And I didn't invite anyone I didn't want to, not even to please relatives. And we had a brilliant day.

mccaugm
04-Jun-07, 15:22
i am planning to get married next year and oh my god its like wear do i start money is tight as we have three kids and a house so everything is on the cheap that might sound bad to some people but its the stress of it all just going to look forward to it ive been on ebay great but cant deside on brides maides dresses and there all so dear any way this has made me feel a wee bit better talking about it thank you :confused

If you want cheap brides dresses or bridesmaid dresses, go to the dressy section in Debenhams not the brides section. I learnt that after having bought my bridesmaid dresses. Make your own decorations etc try www.confetti.co.uk (http://www.confetti.co.uk)

Hope that helps. Negotiation with the various wedding suppliers also helps.