PDA

View Full Version : New electric Cookers

Lingland
30-Jun-18, 19:09
Is there anyone in Caithness selling new Electric Cookers.

orkneycadian
30-Jun-18, 23:57
I would very much doubt it. I understand from the local food bank that any food donations are expected to be "cooking free" on the grounds that the recipients cannot be expected to work a cooker.

So it looks like we have reached the "post cooking" phase of life of earth.

As a result, I cannot imagine there being any market for cookers in Caithness.

Kodiak
01-Jul-18, 13:44
In the Co-op in Thurso they are selling some white goods. I know they have a Fridge Freezer for sale so they might just have a Cooker as well. If you want to buy online go to www.AO.com where they have cookers at all prices and deliver FREE the next day, YES the Next Day even up here in Caithness. We bought a Washing Machine from them, we ordered on the Sunday and we had it delivered on the Monday Lunch time.

Anji
05-Jul-18, 15:02
How recently was that, Kodiak? AO.com now charge £10 for next day delivery, and 'may not deliver to remote areas of Scotland' according to their web site.

wavy davy
05-Jul-18, 23:11
How recently was that, Kodiak? AO.com now charge £10 for next day delivery, and 'may not deliver to remote areas of Scotland' according to their web site.

I've seen that statement on their website right enough but Caithness isn't considered by them to be a 'remote area'. I've had a lot of stuff from them, as have others I know around the county. Don't know about the next day delivery charge but with free delivery the stuff normally arrives in 2 or 3 days.

mi16
08-Jul-18, 22:19
Don’t be dabbling with the gas cookers though.