PDA

View Full Version : What brought you to join E ORG?

sam09
17-Jun-18, 13:54
Me: A love of the area and to keep abreast of events that are happening. Also family history.

ecb
17-Jun-18, 19:05
I think that caithness.org is a very useful resource, there is nothing like it where I currently live in Central Scotland. I find that "What's On" is invaluable when coming up on a visit. From time to time I have found "Technical Support" to be very useful for computer problems. I also enjoy "Jokes, Humour & Game Threads".

r.rackstraw
17-Jun-18, 22:03
I joined the org because it was local and a great forum for discussing and getting info on local matters.
That was before the aspiring comedians climbed aboard, as well as the nastier stuff which is posted from time to time.

her00026
18-Jun-18, 08:54
I joined to stay in touch with what is going on. I had to go south to continue my 'education' but hope to return!

orkneycadian
19-Jun-18, 07:08
The promise of some Old Pulteney in return for trying to liven the place up a bit again. Alas, it looks like it is beyond saving, and I am resigned to having to make do with a tin of Irn Bru from Tesco. :(

mi16
19-Jun-18, 09:25
thought you would be using a local independent supplier for your Bru

orkneycadian
19-Jun-18, 22:35
Alas, the local independent supplier has closed down due to lack of custom.

mi16
20-Jun-18, 07:39
Alas, the local independent supplier has closed down due to lack of custom.

Aww that’s too bad, I blame those value for money hunting scoundrels

veekay
20-Jun-18, 13:13
Where else is there to go to find the who, the what, the why and the when.

Bogbrush
20-Jun-18, 17:41
I wanted the address of the swingers club in Halkirk.

mi16
20-Jun-18, 22:21
The playpark?

orkneycadian
21-Jun-18, 19:03
Does anyone know (sic) where the playpark is in Halkirk, what time its open, and when is the best time to walk your dog there?

joxville
22-Jun-18, 09:27
I joined to find out what time Tesco opens. ��

Mackerel
27-Jun-18, 09:58
The org is an excellent community resource. The county owes a debt to those who started and maintain it (can't believe some of the carping and complaints that are occasionally lobbed in that direction!)
I've had some cracking bargains, and even more valuable advice.
Top tip - if you are logged in, use the "what's new option in the menu to skim through, instead of poking through each forum section.
Topless tip of all - use it or lose it...

Mackerel
27-Jun-18, 10:03
Apologies for the predictive text typo above. I should also advise org posters to use the "preview" option...
Cue the lurking comedians.

mi16
27-Jun-18, 14:15
Used to be a decent place to keep abreast with ongoings in the county.
Now it’s chest a load of old nonsense, least said abou tit the better

Mackerel
28-Jun-18, 05:57
Outstanding, thanks! There was me worried it would take about six posts to get the job done...

Fulmar
28-Jun-18, 07:58
Now it’s chest a load of old nonsense, least said abou tit the better
But you still came on and wrote it so you are on it, using it and reading it!
The Forum/Org is what the users make of it for better or worse. I think it is a very good resource and just because I don't necessarily agree with everything said on the Forum (often don't), that does not make it nonsense in my view. If we want it to be better then it's up to us to make it so.

reddevil
30-Jun-18, 21:52
the crack is brill,funny and it makes me laugh,the debates,opinions of others,great stuff,long may she live xxx

her00026
01-Jul-18, 15:19
What time does Tesco open?

mi16
01-Jul-18, 19:40
Whenever you want if you have a brick handy

her00026
01-Jul-18, 23:18
Does it have to be a brick?
Would a stone do?

orkneycadian
01-Jul-18, 23:48
I always understood that the weapon of choice for a Caithness smash n grab raid was a flagstone, stolen from a traditional Caithness flagstone dyke. If nothing else, the higher impact pressure, delivered by the weight of the flagstone, divided by the narrow frontal area presented by the thin edge, is more assured to penetrate even the most resilient of security glasses, favoured by national supermarket chains.

her00026
02-Jul-18, 08:57
Obviously I joined the Org to continue my education ... I should have stayed!

mi16
02-Jul-18, 16:38
I always understood that the weapon of choice for a Caithness smash n grab raid was a flagstone, stolen from a traditional Caithness flagstone dyke. If nothing else, the higher impact pressure, delivered by the weight of the flagstone, divided by the narrow frontal area presented by the thin edge, is more assured to penetrate even the most resilient of security glasses, favoured by national supermarket chains.

Everyday is a school day

Rigsby
05-Jul-18, 23:10
The fully weighted front end of a big JohnDeere should suffice! 😀

aqua
14-Dec-18, 00:37
This is a question I keep asking myself. Sadly I’ve missed the boat. Will there ever be another one?