PDA

View Full Version : Org.bother!

karia
01-Jun-07, 22:58
Do any of you guys find yourselves saying to your significant others:

"i'm just off to check the org, for a sec."....

.....then have them place a pillow twixt you and the keyboard many hours later?

Or am I just lucky:D

Perhaps they could start up an 'org widow/ers group, ..we could teach them to bake.........really seeing potential here.

Pass the Battenburg,..Don't mind if i do squire!

Love Karia X

Bobinovich
01-Jun-07, 23:07
LOL sounds all too familiar Karia! My significant other used to be an Org widow but now she's an Orger herself! If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Tilter
01-Jun-07, 23:16
now she's an Orger herself! !

mmm. How did you do that?

poppett
02-Jun-07, 09:53
I am limited by the life of the battery in my laptop whilst on the org as I am too lazy re reshuffle plugs for the mains beside the broadband connection!

Angela
02-Jun-07, 10:20
I am limited by the life of the battery in my laptop whilst on the org as I am too lazy re reshuffle plugs for the mains beside the broadband connection!

I don't have a laptop, so no battery limitations -but since I can't really lug my pc and all its bits to bed with me, you won't usually find me on the Org between the hours of 11pm and 8am...

Must say it can be hard to resist the urge to just check what's going on though - even if I'm staying with other folk. "Hmm, would you mind if I just check something on your computer for a moment?" I'm sure they think I'm completely bonkers....[para]

Yoda the flump
02-Jun-07, 12:17
Yep, I too find myself spending many hours infront of the computer screen.:)

Solus
02-Jun-07, 12:25
I often have bother getting near the pc due to a rather bad tempered lady !!!!

Try and get in front of the pc i get moaned at, shouted at and get evil looks before she finally flounces off to sit and glare at me !

yes my cat ! she loves sitting on my chair next to the pc where its warm.

karia
02-Jun-07, 12:32
Tell me are there any internet cafes up there ?:lol:

Karia

Ricco
02-Jun-07, 20:11
All too familiar, Karia. I sometimes get a moan along with the pillow.. or even just the pillow on the side of the head. I'd rather be here chatting to all my mates than sitting like a vegetable in front of the haunted fish tank watching some mindless junk like BB, the hunt for Jospeh, Corrie, etc. This is the place to be - intelligent and stimulating topics and conversations. Great quizzes - see you tomorrow hopefully - if I am back from Crawley in time.

Woo - hoo! :D

karia
02-Jun-07, 21:24
Go Ricco!!:lol:

Since I got broadband I could quite happily give my TV away.
(At least then someone else would have to dust it.)

I miss it so little and it's not just that I now spend my time online...I have rediscovered (or unearthed !) my dining table and the art of one -on- one conversation)

So, not all bad then. Still, TV is quite shockingly awful.

Oh happy day! Anyone for Tapas!:D

Love Karia

Ricco
03-Jun-07, 08:07
Oh happy day! Anyone for Tapas!:D
Love Karia

Tapas or Meze - wonderful style of eating in this sort of weather.