PDA

View Full Version : Doctor and Nurses shortage.

Bertieboy
07-Jun-18, 19:24
Tried to make an appointment today with a nurse, for a B12 Injection for my wife.
Riverview practice informed me that the earliest date available is 23rd July:(:(:(
If we want to be put on the cancellation list we can...........

Shaggy
07-Jun-18, 20:26
Yet often when you go into Riverview Practice for an appointment you can't get parked in the proper carpark and when you walk into the place there is no-one waiting to be seen. Too many chiefs!

gerry4
07-Jun-18, 21:34
I got a nurses appointment last monday for this monday coming, a week's wait whilst annoying is acceptable.

poppett
08-Jun-18, 09:47
My late father needed B12 injections and he always knew when his next appointment was due as the nurse told him each visit when she would see him again.

No consolation, but dentists are no better. Check up revealed a tiny piece of filling had broken off causing a ragged edge, in the old days that would have been rubbed down there and then, but not now. Two appointments required, one for x ray to check tooth for hidden problems and further appointment to sort it out....at the end of July.

ecb
08-Jun-18, 10:42
There is a new petition titled "Medical care in rural areas" on the Scottish Parliament website:

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01698

orkneycadian
10-Jun-18, 15:23
Not sure what benefit there is in petitioning the Scottish Parliament. Its the Scottish Parliament, more specifically the Scottish Government, and even more specifically the minority SNP government who are the precipitators of this situation. Rome is completely ablaze, but all Nero can do is play the fiddle of independence and free sanitary products.

You can add this situation to the ever growing list of SNP failures. Dentists are also mentioned above, as is the Police service, the fire service, the ambulance service. It'll not be long where you will get better service if you go to the vet's. In fact, that days is actually here, as you could probably take your cat for a B12 injection tomorrow.