PDA

View Full Version : Highland Council Committee's

jaykay
01-Jun-07, 14:58
I notice that the Highland council has now picked the chairmen and vice chairmen for the various committee's. I notice that Caithness is very poorly represented on these committees with our only representitives being on the Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross planning and review committee (chairman Donald Mackay, Thurso, and vice chairman Robert Coghill, Landward Caithness. This does not bode well for the future of Caithness and Sutherland as I suspect we will be largely forgotten about and the Inverness area will keep the lions share of the spending.

concerned resident
01-Jun-07, 20:43
I am afraid this is just a continuation of us being ruled from Inverness, we have very little say is what is happening to us now. I can not see the point of having Councillors as they are out voted on every thing, and there is even less of them now.
They always try to talk up the subject, but every one can see that the boat is sinking, the general public are not that stupid. The powers have slowly been reduced, since the demise of Caithness County Council. Hopefully one day the people of Caithness will rebel, and be able to decide again, what is best for Caithness.