PDA

View Full Version : Help with chariot.

JimH
01-Jun-07, 13:43
My disabled brother is visiting for a few days on Monday the 11th, June. I need to hire or borrow or whatever a mobility scooter for a couple of days.
I would appreciate any help or advice as to where I can get one.
I believe in the org.

Solus
01-Jun-07, 15:29
Get that bike of yours running and fit stabilizers ?
:lol:

BINDI 42
01-Jun-07, 15:40
Dear Jim
Depending on how old your brother is i have a special needs buggy you are welcome to borrow if it is of any use :)

JimH
01-Jun-07, 19:45
Many thanks for your offer BINDI 42, but Brother is 69 in Rude health, it is just his legs that don't work. (result of Liverpool Blitz) We just need something to get him round any shops he wants to go to, and perhaps a "walk" in the forest. Bless you for the offer.

Murdina Bug
01-Jun-07, 21:05
I have a feeling that the Red Cross are able to loan wheelchairs - maybe if you ring the shop in Thurso they will be able to help.

davem
02-Jun-07, 07:34
Hi
Homeaid had one don't know if they still do
Not to borrow but to supply to anyone that needed it
They may be worth a try

poppett
02-Jun-07, 09:45
If you ask Homeaid and the mobility scooter is not yet rehomed they may loan it to you for a donation. I had a bed and chair for mum when she was ill on these terms from them.

JimH
06-Jun-07, 16:40
Many thanks for the suggestions folks.

Fran
06-Jun-07, 17:43
I have been at the council to provide scooters for disabled holidaymakers which could be kept in the town hall in bridge street, dont know if they did it. Tesco have scooters and wheelchairs for getting around, but the red Cross definetly has them in wick/Thurso for lending out.