PDA

View Full Version : R.N.L.I

Taymar
14-Jun-05, 08:45
Why has the R.N.L.I topic been locked ? When its so popular! nearly 4500 views !Its all true [mad]

katarina
14-Jun-05, 09:19
It was getting too close to naming names. However, another couple of threads were locked as well, and nothing to do with naming! Are we not allowed to have a wee snipe at eachother on this board now?

Former Crew
14-Jun-05, 16:10
DELETED

Taymar
14-Jun-05, 20:44
I do agree with you former crew! Date for the Diary 5th july is the first industrial Tribuneral case hearing against the R.N.L.I to be held in Aberdeen im sure most of you know why.Already the R.N.L.I are trying to price the person out of the case as they have done on previous occasions!Wont work this time.

bandite
14-Jun-05, 22:09
DELETED

jacktar
14-Jun-05, 22:21
me thinks this is sailing close to the wind again. :roll

Former Crew
14-Jun-05, 23:50
DELETED

bandite
15-Jun-05, 17:34

warrior
16-Jun-05, 13:22
I hope it doesnt charge extortionat prices for goods that were donated as they did at the Fraserburgh open day last Saturday! There is fundraising and there is daylight robbery.Ok money is for a good cause [lol] but maybe there is more need for the money now as there is all these unnessary court cases to defend [mad]

Former Crew
13-Jul-05, 14:05
DELETED

Taymar
13-Jul-05, 18:58
Ay 7 of them appeard at court how intimidating for the poor person that has already suffered their ill treatment .They certainly wont be buying off this 1 although they did try before it went to court.The LIES they told in the room wash shocking.Lets hope justice is done and nothing like this happens again.Yes what a waste of our money having to fly up these people stay in Hotels, expenses etc. All due to the arrogance of THE MANAGEMENT,or so they call themselvs.It is about time someone at the top is sorted out and hopefully this ruling will put a stop to all the Bullys in Institution.

I heard that the Cox of the Fraserburgh station is to leave at the end of the month! Mmmmmmmmmm i wonder why ? Could it be to do with all this mis justice? Bullying ? No support when its needed ????????

bandite
14-Jul-05, 18:05

warrior
14-Jul-05, 18:28
Ay those poor lads have had to work out of a wee portacabin for the last 2 years its a disgrace! Who wants to go down and squeeze in a wee cabin and do training. What about their moorings at the boat its an accident waiting to happen. Must be the poorest set up in Scotland to date! Its not as if there is a shortage of cash! Over £1m left to the station a few years back never been spent.

bandite
14-Jul-05, 18:30

warrior
14-Jul-05, 18:33
Spent it on their QC for the court cases that they created! [lol]

Joey
14-Jul-05, 18:55
I saw a very nice thank you letter in the Groat from Wick Lifeboat, thanking EVERYONE for their donations etc towards their harbour night. Get your facts right if you are making accusations

exweeker
15-Jul-05, 03:45
sry to hear somebody never got thanked for their donation but i think you are just stirring the pot

because i made a donation and got a thank you letter from mr barker the lifeboat sec on tue the following week

bandite
17-Jul-05, 00:35

Former Crew
17-Jul-05, 21:21
DELETED

bandite
30-Jul-05, 12:10
.................................................. .......

Taymar
30-Jul-05, 22:39
1st, what was the boat doing in Portree? Why was there not enough crew? 1 day should of been quite enough for that passage unless there were a few technical difficulties on the way which isnt uncommon if it was a relief boat as they are never looked after or up to scratch and im speaking from experience!!!! But 3 days of expences is far to much i can well imagine what was going on at nights where they were tied up . I hope the DLA wasnt hurt to much and it was written in the station accident book. Or if he was off work for more than 3 days due to the accident was it reported to the HSE or does the R.N.L.I think they are above all these rules again????

peter macdonald
30-Jul-05, 23:19
sorry for my ignorance but whats a dla ???
is he/she /or it relevant to this thread ??
does any one care??
If people dont agree with the RNLI then dont give them ur hard earned babees
Simple as that

talktalk
01-Aug-05, 01:29
After making a few inquires about the boat in question on passage from Portree to Wick .It was on a navigation training exercise around the Orkney Islands for 2 days as part of navigators training . So get your fact’s straight before you start bad mouthing the Wick crew, they was training.

jules
01-Aug-05, 17:39
MMMMMMMM i swear i post a message here earlier today :confused hey bandte where all ur post gone too :Razz

Taymar
11-Aug-05, 21:46
Remember the post about the R.N.L.I that had 4800 views a few months ago? Well the person taking the R.N.L.I to court actually won his case and the R.N.L.I bullyboys lost [lol] [lol] [lol] justice has been done. [lol] [lol] Bad luck JC, DI for Scotland

Former Crew
12-Aug-05, 16:15
But will it make any difference as the arrogance of some people in the RNLI think it puts them above the law.

No doubt the RNLI will appeal this decision in such a way that will financially bankrupt the crew member and get the case chucked out.

Former Crew

MUPP
16-Aug-05, 12:11
I know first hand how the RNLI treat their crew if there is a problem and you stand up for whats right they dump on you big style. They regard it as mutiny. No matter what other persons may have done. All should support our fellow crew man in Fraserburgh i hope RNLI do not get a chance to price him out off it. If all members of the RNLI had rights they cannot get away with treating us like numbers. A ops Manager stood in court and said we are the RNLI and answer to ourselves. That went down like a fart in a space suit QC was not impressed. In the end we were priced out of court. We have to get that attitude changed we need proper rights as human beings. They think they are bigger than the law of the land/sea.

banana_man
22-Aug-05, 15:28
The RNLI suggested in recent newspaper reports that public donations were being wasted having to fight frivolous court actions. I wonder how the public would react if they knew how much of their donations the RNLI has wasted, for example, hiring a helicopter to carry out the costal review of the west coast of through the major loses the incurred on the stock market a couple of years back.

I am sure that the details of the expense accounts held by the personnel in Poole would also make for interesting reading what with all their 1st class travel and 5 star accommodation.

These cases are being raised by men receiving no legal aid to help fund the actions. They themselves are having to pay to have the cases heard, cases which have arisen due to the RNLIs blatant ill-treatment of their crewmen.

Wise One
23-Aug-05, 10:30
It's this very point that dismays me.

Top brass say that they are having to use publically donated funds to fight off court cases.

WHY!!

If they would take the time to site down with the personnel involved in the dispute they may find that it may be solved to everyones satisfaction. From what I can see from experience, they've charged in like a bull in a china shop huffing and puffing, try and lay down their law - heavy handed - without actually taking time to gather all the facts together, sack people, charge out then all hell breaks loose.

From reading transcripts from the Belfast situation, which incidently DIDN'T involve religious overtures, the RNLI seems to have got stung badly on this one as the management appears to have came to loggerheads on this one. It seems from a tribunal transcript that an inspector didn't want the coxswain reinstated after he resigned but was overruled by someone higher up.

WHY?

Thats seems to be the trend to all these disputes. If anyone dares to stand up to voice concern in relation to what is going on within a station, they seem to be preceived as troublemakers and got rid of.

Whilst I fully support the ethos of the RNLI, its demoralising to see how management treats the very people who risk their lives to save others.

Its reminicent of a culture of 'Be seen and not heard'. Management need to act fast and address these issues and earn the big salaries they are on.

Quite a lot of emphasise seem to be placed on the word 'Volunteer'. To me, this is a bit of a smoke screen. Okay, those who joined to save lives (includes me) didn't do it for the money and in a way volunteered for it BUT, does having that volunteer tag strip me of employment rights?

Why are the rights for a volunteer different from that of a 'payed employee' when we are all doing the same job on behalf of the RNLI who are essentially our employer?

Cause for thought!

Wise One

steveler
25-Aug-05, 23:30
Too right - The bravery of the lifeboat crews is second to none, and in many cases the lives of the crew are on the line in exactly the same way - FULL TIME OR NOT.

Anybody, whatever their position within a charitable organisation, who takes a big fat salary and travels first class in five star accom is no better than those people who commit benefit fraud, or break into houses looking for "goodies". A charity relies on donations and funding to save lives and the people who take these salaries do nothing short of put lives at risk to fund their glam lifestyles!!

[mad] [mad] [mad] [mad]

Taymar
31-Aug-05, 12:01
Well said Steveler you obviously know them to well.

Taymar
09-Sep-05, 11:27
Next court case 19th October for unfair dismissa in Aberdeenl. Thats if the R.N.L.I dont appeal the 1st case and try and prolong things and price the guy out of the case as they have done with others . [mad]

Joey
09-Sep-05, 13:02
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Wise One
10-Sep-05, 18:51
I have to say that it is a sad state of affairs that certain elements (managerial) within a brilliant organisation such as the RNLI is being allowed to treat the very people who bring such prestige to the organisation with so much contempt.

I would surmise that if there wasn't a big pay cheque at the end of the month, they wouldn't be there - Not like the brave crew who 'man' the boat in someones hour of need.

Sad indeed!!

Wise one

Wise One
13-Sep-05, 13:43
Having spoken to a 'man in the know', I have to say, I feel sorry for the guys in N. Ireland. It looks from what I was told that the RNLI were worried big style and didn't have a leg to stand on if what went on had got into the public domain!.

Maybe management should view this as a wakeup call but I get the feeling from 'man in the know' that this is going to haunt them for quite a while.

Wise One