PDA

View Full Version : Wild times chez Cray

crayola
19-May-18, 20:43
The plan was to go out for dinner followed by a show and a party backstage with the stars afterwards. Instead I’m home alone on the sofa with a Chinese takeaway, a glass of Chile’s best and two dogs looking after me. Bliss. My youngest has gone in my place. Does anybody be have a shotgun I can borrow to sort out the scorrie squawking down the chimney?

orkneycadian
20-May-18, 21:13
Just lay the fire and put some best Flow Country peat on it to smoke it out. Causes less drama.

crayola
20-May-18, 21:27
The scorrie flew off when the dogs started barking. This was before I thought of turning on the fire.

orkneycadian
20-May-18, 21:32
Doesnt sound a very blissful evening on the sofa. :confused Barking dogs, squawking guanohawks, sending out a call for a shotgun and just the one glass of wine.

crayola
20-May-18, 21:37
It was peaceful after the scorrie’s departure. My wineglass replenished itself several times.

Apparently I missed buckets of prosecco backstage followed by a trip to the pub.

orkneycadian
20-May-18, 21:39
Pretty A list stars then?

crayola
20-May-18, 21:42
In their dreams. :) Don’t tell them I said that!

crayola
02-Jun-18, 00:41
It’s hot in the garden chez Cray tonight. It’s well past the witching hour. Is this climate change?

her00026
02-Jun-18, 20:40
You are just missing the Caithness breeze / fog!

crayola
02-Jun-18, 23:18
Haar haar. I don’t miss that. :)

canuck
03-Jun-18, 00:00
Oh the scorries in Shetland were vicious. I used to carry a big stick to make it safely to and from the car. And don't get me started on what they did to the rubbish bags. Still I miss all things in the north of Scotland.

orkneycadian
04-Jun-18, 21:47
It’s hot in the garden chez Cray tonight. It’s well past the witching hour. Is this climate change?

Nah, just the fine white wine keeping your blood from clotting. By 00:41, it seems to be well thin!

crayola
08-Jun-18, 00:06
Scorrie pie with fine white wine is a witch’s delicacy. Especially Shetland scorrie barbecued on a big stick.

orkneycadian
10-Jun-18, 15:08
And washed down with some of this home brew....;

http://www.innhousebrewery.co.uk/images/www.innhousebrewery.co.uk/extralarge/025057Mr-Beer-Bewitched-Amber-Ale.jpg

orkneycadian
11-Jun-18, 20:44
Of course, the image above is how I always imagine Crayola to look.

Edit: To clear up any confusion, that does not imply that Crayola looks like the can - Short, stubby and with a crimped bottom - But more akin to the silhouette on the broomstick.