PDA

View Full Version : Thurso Pipe Band

Mr P Cannop
01-Jun-07, 08:12
does any one know if the Thurso Pipe Band are playing tomorrow night ??

KILTIECAULDBUM
01-Jun-07, 15:47
Hi.
Yes, the Thurso Pipe Band season starts tomorrow night (Saturday).It's still on Princes Street in Thurso, but at the new time of 7.45pm - 8.45pm.
The Caithness Junior Pipe Band are also playing tomorrow during the day at Scrabster from around 1pm, and the Scrabster Fair itself starts at 2pm.

Mr P Cannop
01-Jun-07, 18:50
Hi.
Yes, the Thurso Pipe Band season starts tomorrow night (Saturday).It's still on Princes Street in Thurso, but at the new time of 7.45pm - 8.45pm.
The Caithness Junior Pipe Band are also playing tomorrow during the day at Scrabster from around 1pm, and the Scrabster Fair itself starts at 2pm.

are you in the thurso pipe band ??

dunderheed
01-Jun-07, 22:04
not wanting to be a "grumpy guts" but surely it would be beneficial to both the pipe band, the spectators , and the driving public if this event was moved to outside the town hall . in my opinion the roads are closed , when this carpark is usually lying empty at this time of night.

infact does anyone ever see one of them notice of closure thingies for the town square for these events?
not forgeting as it constitutes a parade do they also submit permission for this from the relevant authority.

kc
01-Jun-07, 22:08
I saw a notice today about the closure, on a lamp post outside that run down building on the corner, I even stopped to read it to see what it said!!

Jeemag_USA
01-Jun-07, 22:25
not wanting to be a "grumpy guts" but surely it would be beneficial to both the pipe band, the spectators , and the driving public if this event was moved to outside the town hall . in my opinion the roads are closed , when this carpark is usually lying empty at this time of night.

infact does anyone ever see one of them notice of closure thingies for the town square for these events?
not forgeting as it constitutes a parade do they also submit permission for this from the relevant authority.

How are the pipe band supposed to march up and down in front of the town hall?? The Pipe Band always march up and down Princes Street since the made the precinct I think, before that they used to march down the high street too. Its much better to watch the band on Princes Street. Its not much of a bother to the driving public, all you have to do is take a detour down Janet Street or one of the other back streets to get to the road bridge. Its not that much of a hardship to hear the towns finest out giving their best, its been happening for years and surely if it was causing a whole lot of grief it woudl have been moved by now?

SEB
01-Jun-07, 23:30
Yeah - you're right Dunderheed - you're simply being a "grumpy guts"!!!!:~(

KILTIECAULDBUM
01-Jun-07, 23:57

The notification was posted in the Local Newspapers 4-5 weeks ago as required by Government & Local Legislation which was open then, to any objections.
The band itself is 'steeped' in tradition. One of these is playing, as always, on PRINCES STREET!!
Maybe you could start up your own band? At least you know the Town Hall carpark would be free on a Saturday night. lol.[lol]

engiebenjy
02-Jun-07, 17:05

I think 'grumpy guts' is an understatement!!

Mr P Cannop
02-Jun-07, 21:56
what did everyone think of the Thurso Pipe Band tonight ??