PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Days

Lolabelle
01-Jun-07, 06:53
Hi all,
I am having a lazy day. I have heaps to do, but just can't seem to get focused. So I have decided to surrender to it and have a day off.

I am watching television all day, so far I have watched for the umpteenth time Ground Force goes to Hollywood and Grand Designs and I want a Garden. Then over to Law and Orger SVU, the Dog Whisperer and later it's What not to wear.

Sometimes I will just read or lay in the sun, but today I need mindless telly...

What do you do on Lazy Days?

danc1ngwitch
01-Jun-07, 08:40
Lazy day's[lol] What's that?
If i had a lazy day i'd just like to lay and cuddle all day.

Victoria
01-Jun-07, 10:33
I'm having a lazy day at work.

1. because hardly anyone is in

and

2. I handed my notice in this week :D

Angela
01-Jun-07, 10:37
I'm having a lazy day at work.

1. because hardly anyone is in

and

2. I handed my notice in this week :D

Hope you've found something nicer, Victoria?

A lazy day is when I do absolutely nothing on my "To Do" list! I'm cultivating the fine art of pottering these days! [lol]

Victoria
01-Jun-07, 10:39
same kind of job but at a different company with more money.

still I dont plan to be there for ever - just a stop gap till I come up north.

I loooooove being lazy - I could probably teach classes in it.....but then again I can't be bothered! [lol]

sweetpea
01-Jun-07, 10:58
Lazy day's[lol] What's that?
If i had a lazy day i'd just like to lay and cuddle all day.

I'd do anything for one of those too! :D my day is manic already and set to get worse!

laguna2
01-Jun-07, 11:05
Depends on the weather.

If it is nice - sit in the sun and read a book :D

If it is horrid, sit inside, knit and watch TV/DVD

... of course this all depends on me having the time to be lazy :lol:

the nomad
01-Jun-07, 11:51
According to MFR today is national leave work early day, I'm up for that, does that mean even earlier than the time you usually sneak off at.:lol::lol:

Victoria
01-Jun-07, 14:19
According to MFR today is national leave work early day, I'm up for that, does that mean even earlier than the time you usually sneak off at.:lol::lol:

In that case nomad then I'll be off now!!

Angela
01-Jun-07, 14:28
According to MFR today is national leave work early day, I'm up for that, does that mean even earlier than the time you usually sneak off at.

I wonder if my daughter knows that? She emailed me in her lunch break to say -
"Will this day never end??? Banging...head...against...desk..." :(

I'm sure she could do with an early finish to her working day!:)

scaraben
01-Jun-07, 16:48
Time is a commodity every bit as valuable as money. Similarly you only get SO MUCH of it. Therefore you'd be well advised to "spend" it wisely and not fitter it away watching television. Each new day is a gift, invest it well or you may live to regret it.

karia
01-Jun-07, 17:51
What is a lazy day?

where can I buy one? Do they come in packs ?

Good luck with the new job Victoria !

Karia

htwood
01-Jun-07, 18:02
Well said Scaraben, time is even more valuable than money.

I know someone who will waste an entire day looking for the cheapest price. She says, but I saved 8 quid, and i say, it took you 8 hours, so your time was worth 1 quid per hour...would you work for that price?

percy toboggan
01-Jun-07, 18:04
Compared to many of my contemporaries most of my working days could be considered 'lazy' Today was no exception. Having started work at 7.00am I delivered two loads of 25 tonnes apiece to the local paper mill - auld cardboard for recycling. A return journey of about 18 miles.Then I dropped a trailer in a yard a mile up the road from 'our place' and brought a loaded one back into the depot. I then parked up the vehicle and left for home at 1.30pm.

Then the activity kicked in and I cut the grass back and front and trimmed a laurel and a bourgeoning fuschia. The sweepings mad eme ache. Then I chauffered Mrs.T to the docs (first time in a decade - now't serious it seems)and I'v ejust cracked open a cold can of Bombardier Bitter.
So, all in all a moderately 'lazy' day, tomorrow I shall try harder.

karia
01-Jun-07, 18:21
Oh Percy!

So sad that you have abandoned the relaxed holiday mood so soon and are back to the backbreaking reality of the, (well in your case!)7 to 1ish!;)

you mind yourself on that grindstone pal!

Glad mrs T of the fab wellies is doing fine and making use of your idle moments.

Mr K says that you are a lucky chap to be getting Bombadier bitter in cans & wants to know your source.:roll:

Love, Karia

Big Jean
01-Jun-07, 18:40
As it has started to rain where I am, the outside work will now come to an end .
The afternoon will be my lazy time with a coffee and a good book .
I could do some housework, but that can wait until tomorrow ... or the day after, or even next week !!

floyed
01-Jun-07, 20:53
I love lazy day sitting back in bed/on the couch with some snacks (chocolate and more chocolate), a good book, crap on the telly (just back room noise) and a good book nothing beats it. Housework can wait we are all intitled to LAZY DAYS!!!

percy toboggan
01-Jun-07, 23:20
Oh Percy!

Mr K says that you are a lucky chap to be getting Bombadier bitter in cans & wants to know your source.

Love, Karia

When I tire of the red wine then Bombardier is my source <hic>;)
I get it from Morrison's at £3.88 for four. I don't think they've made great inroads into Scotland, although the Safeway takeover might have proved me wrong. With 'Ale of England' emblazoned upon each can though it's never going to catch on north of the only border that counts in my life.

I'm now on the dregs and it's cocoa time soon. Green & Black's - also from Morrison's. Such an eventful time, ones fifties.:roll:

Victoria
01-Jun-07, 23:45
Thanks Karia!

I've got 3 weeks left at my old one to skive first! heheh.

Lolabelle
02-Jun-07, 01:10
Time is a commodity every bit as valuable as money. Similarly you only get SO MUCH of it. Therefore you'd be well advised to "spend" it wisely and not fitter it away watching television. Each new day is a gift, invest it well or you may live to regret it.
You don't know what your missing out on...:D

Angela
02-Jun-07, 13:03

That's very true -time IS precious, and once it's gone, it's gone....:(

But I believe that the occasional restful day is therapeutic, and indeed essential to our wellbeing. A worthwhile investment, in fact.

It can be a good opportunity for a spot of reflection, and put life in persepctive, as well.

Our lives can be so busy now, everything 24/7, how often do we take the time to "stand and stare"? :confused

cuddlepop
02-Jun-07, 19:23
If its a lovely day then i'll sit out in the sun and read .
If its not I'll still sit and read.
Good do with more "lazy Days " I've so much reading to do.:eek:

Ash
02-Jun-07, 19:25
Lazy days? mmmm.......when ive done all the houswork previous day so i can relax the next, sad eh? not many lazy days with my 3year old and the 8week puppy! :D

Ricco
02-Jun-07, 19:59
Having spent the morning helping the plumber rip out the old boiler and immersion tank, then the old piping... and taken the wife shopping round Asda... and then come back and cleaned up after the plumber....

I spent the remainder of the afternoon sitting in the garden with a chilled glass of cider and watched the robins and blackbirds hoppin' around for grub.

Chill... Maann! Cool!:cool: