PDA

View Full Version : Scotsman Feature Saturday

Tubthumper
31-May-07, 21:53
I notice that our august National quality daily The Scotsman is plugging a feature in Saturday's magazine, titled 'Nuclear assault - Plans for storing Dounreay's waste have residents in fighting mode'
I'm a bit puzzled, I haven't seen anything about assaults or communities in fighting mode, either on the org or in the Groat.
Do you think maybe they've got mixed up with Windfarms or Asda?
Or is it going to be another of The Pepsi Challenge's highbrow creations; "How I grew up near a natomic place and didna like it."
Anybody got any clues???

Metalattakk
01-Jun-07, 01:29
You've answered your own question there Tubthumper, I suspect. ;)

The Pepsi Challenge
01-Jun-07, 07:22
I notice that our august National quality daily The Scotsman is plugging a feature in Saturday's magazine, titled 'Nuclear assault - Plans for storing Dounreay's waste have residents in fighting mode'
I'm a bit puzzled, I haven't seen anything about assaults or communities in fighting mode, either on the org or in the Groat.
Do you think maybe they've got mixed up with Windfarms or Asda?
Or is it going to be another of The Pepsi Challenge's highbrow creations; "How I grew up near a natomic place and didna like it."
Anybody got any clues???

No idea. Nothing to do with me.

crayola
03-Jun-07, 00:06
Thanks for the heads up Tubthumper. I bought the Scotsman today but I didn't read the magazine. How did I miss it? :lol:

Tubthumper
03-Jun-07, 17:32
The feature was actually a very well written piece about the Buldoo residents and their objections to the construction of the low-level waste store at Dounreay less than 500 metres from their homes. Perhaps a bit sensational (Nuclear Assault!) but a very worthy bit of info.
Apologies to you, The Pepsi Challenge for casting aspertions.
However, bearing in mind the melee that goes on here about wind farms/factories and Tesco/Asda building supermarkets, have we been missing out on discussing something close to the hearts of members of a Caithness community?

The Pepsi Challenge
03-Jun-07, 22:22
Nae worries, man. It was a very well-written piece.