PDA

View Full Version : Caithness Ghost Stories

Banshee
30-May-07, 13:53
Hi All!

First post time.

I've lived up here for nearly 20 years and can't think of any local ghost stories.

Anyone got any? I know it's not near Halloween but it's always a good time of year for a scare (plus the light nights mean the fraidycats amongst us won't feel too scared at bedtime!)

Tori

veekay
30-May-07, 17:18
Welcome aboard Banshee I am sure you will have a good time here amongst us 'ogers'. Don't have any ghost stories but thought I would say hello!

George Brims
30-May-07, 21:25
A guy I know, and a mate of his, once decided to spend a night in Sinclair/Girnigoe castle. There is a room inside that's completely covered. They settled down in sleeping bags and went to sleep (after a dram or two). In the middle of the night, in pitch darkness, he was awoken by his mate screaming, and strange rumbling/clattering noises. He fumbled for a light, and when he managed to find it and turn it on, discovered they had been joined by ten or a dozen sheep, all panicking and trying to get out the door at once. Apparently it had started to rain outside and the sheep had come in for shelter.

Banshee
31-May-07, 17:31
:lol:

A bit wooley on the details there!

Nice one tho, thanks for that

[lol]