PDA

View Full Version : Smilies

Yoda the flump
30-May-07, 11:46
Do the smilies work on Safari?

When I try to put a smilie on a post all I get is ';)' for example.

Any ideas?

NickInTheNorth
30-May-07, 13:01
Do the smilies work on Safari?

When I try to put a smilie on a post all I get is ';)' for example.

Any ideas?

Given that I am seeing a winking smilie ;) I would guess that you typed:

;)

or something similar?

Do other .gif images display ok for you in safari? If they do then the smilies should display ok. If not you may want to take a look at your images display settings.

Yoda the flump
30-May-07, 16:30
Yes they seem to display ok when they are on the message board but when I am writing a post they don't appear as gifs :eek: shows up as :_eek_: minus the underscores.

odd.

Niall Fernie
30-May-07, 17:30
That probably means that the fancy edit post box is not fully supported by Safari and so its just showing you the BBCode for the smilies as you post. The "preview post" button will show you what your post will look like before you submit it. (no harm in other users trying this button before they post to see if their quotes have worked correctly etc)

Yoda the flump
08-Jun-07, 19:55
That probably means that the fancy edit post box is not fully supported by Safari and so its just showing you the BBCode for the smilies as you post. The "preview post" button will show you what your post will look like before you submit it. (no harm in other users trying this button before they post to see if their quotes have worked correctly etc)

Naw, does not show up in the preview box either, but once posted they look ok.

Still, not a major issue and I can live with it.