PDA

View Full Version : saving the planet

Tom Cornwall
29-May-07, 20:19
I was browsing through the papers today, and came upon an article in the Saulte Star (a Canadian newspaper) it said
"St. Catharines Standard/Ospeey News Network
Ontario Life - Tuesday, May 29, 2007 Updated @ 11:54:43 AM

Idling your vehicle's engine is bad for your wallet and bad for the environment, and it will soon make you a bad citizen.
St. Catharines councillors say simply asking people to turn off their idling engines is not enough. They're going to give the pursuit of clean air some teeth, agreeing Monday night to pass a bylaw making idling illegal. "

What do you think of that? Do you think folks will go for that over here?:)

j4bberw0ck
29-May-07, 22:15
St. Catharines councillors say simply asking people to turn off their idling engines is not enough. They're going to give the pursuit of clean air some teeth, agreeing Monday night to pass a bylaw making idling illegal.

Sounds to me as though St. Catharines councillors have too much time on their hands........ perhaps their voters are idling the car to retain the benefit of the a/c in the summer, or the heating in the winter. But if they want kids to boil (summer) or freeze (winter) and are prepared to accept the electoral consequences, fine!

It's illegal here to leave the engine running if you're not in the car - as I found when I was lectured by a policeman years ago for doing just that as I leapt out and used an ATM 5 feet from the car :eek: